• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mid-West region cat clowder February 3-4

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I figured it is time to put up a unofficial schedule of events:

Per verbal discussions it appears there is:

Wednesday 8-4 Arrow head groomer show (see flyer in post #27 for details)
5-8PM Arrowhead social Please preregister with Arrowhead.

Thursday 2/2 (9Am GTG), Thursday Clowder trail ride(s) departs copper peak shortly after.
Thursday arrowhead groomer show conclusion.

Friday, 2/3 (9 am Gtg) Friday clowder trail ride(s) departs copper peak as well different routes to lake superior.

Saturday 2/4 8:45 GTG at the clowder grounds Big Powder Horn Lodge. Cats need to stay in place with the exception of participation in snow cat games in the north grounds. give rides there.

Saturday
2/4 4pm please be near your cat for the drivers meeting, if you are participating in the BPH sunset Tour de elegance to the alpin inn. (remember both patience and attention during the photo shoot) think herding cats, with kids running around.

Saturday evening. ( best to not put it in ink ) use your imagination, try to remember the drivers meeting at this point. If you are going downtown ask around other may want to go along.

Spouse program and recommendations:
Ice caves
any of the state parks
shopping
Stormy Kromer factory tour
Ski Big Powder Horn.
Swim
Sauna
cross country ski

Any new comers feel free to PM for travel details lodging concerns and or help. (including airport pick ups)
Diesel plug ins abound
Wrenches and capable people are everywhere

If any past participants think of something throw it in the conversation.
Looking to shape up to be an epic event again.
In the muesum teasing department:
I have a verbal commitment from a non Forums member: (if I come up the Allis is coming along)
That conversation went on to state "stop over, you need to drive this thing":w00t2:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
quick up date, Nite-Owl is out, I think Julie should come without him, Nobody needs that kind of baggage around anyway.....

Take care up there in the wilds of beaver tails and swamps.....

Maybe MN outdoors can send a rep in his place? Maybe the tank tester could make a voyage up a ski hill, Bar hopping in something big enough to hold a band would be fun!

100MPH

Who's all in for the Thursday Trail Ride? Any "fence sitters", we had a ball on Thursdays ride last year. :biggrin:

• Where we meeting Thursday?
  • What time on Thursday?
Thanks for the updates from everyone.

Kristi Kt-4

Big Powderhorn Mountain parking lot on Thursday morning at 9 am. Shortly after we will be departing and heading towards the big lake! :w00t2:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thursday.
Ill try to explain:
The originalClowder proper, is a Saturday event. 4 hrs of show and shine. 2 hrs of snow cat games. 2 hrs of on hill touring, with a dinner program and social time till way to late.

With that said. the clowder has grown to be bigger and more epic each year. Folks showed up as early as wednesday last year and a FF member took time to arrange outings for the group as the participants grew. (midwest people are weird, if someone makes a long tow, they are getting their snow cats out for dinner or lake running or something)

Thursday this year has an official trail ride.
Friday has an official trail ride.
Saturday is the show and games
Sunday is a get back home day for most..

Now with all that said"
Wednesday and Thursday Also is a state groomer show hosted by arrowhead groomers. (about forty minutes away) it is a separate over the snow event. Get sno, Track inc, Fendt,Case IH, Soucey, and many more bring grooming related items to be driven. Tucker prototype machines have been in attendance for comparison.

So depending on your interest there is something for everyone. I have never made a thursday trail ride. I opted last year to run a new Rabbit, and compare it to a new pisten bulley at the groomer show. I was also able to check out some unique pontoons/ carriers on a prototype tucker.
I actually ran into some ff members there and it is comical for complete stranger to walk up to you and in a quiet voice state, are you red Squirrel?

For me Thursday is my get to Powder horn day. check in relax and unload and did i mention relax day. I generally help transport snow cats and make sure to address anyones last minute repairs. ( which one year was install a transmission in a KT-4 )

So to conclude if you run late don't be surprised if some one or Ten stick around sunday and monday to make sure you or anyone have a good time.
:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1233.jpg
    IMG_1233.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 194

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Copy and pasted from a face book post about the arrowhead groomer show if that trips your trigger:

Here's a list of the current registered vendors:
Camso Inc - track system
Caroline Equipment - John Deere tractors
Get Sno - Snow Rabbit and Tucker Sno Cat 2000
Kassbohror All Terrain Vehicles - Pisten Bully
Lite Trax - Lite Trax Vehicles
Lulich Implement - New Holland tractors & Zuidberg Tracks
Nortec USA
Serwe Implement - Tiger Mowers
Sno Boss Groomers
Swiderski Equipment - New Holland tractors
The Shop Industrial - Prinoth Husky & Mogul Master Drag
Vanderloop Equipment - Fendt Tractor
Arrowhead Groomers

and for sure a couple of FF members:

Kristi Kt-4

so, sounds like a week of sno-catting, whenever you get there...................

Yes... You could say that! Glad that Redsqwrl chimed in and answered your question about Thursdays trail ride. Last year we had a member come in on Tuesday to beat a snowstorm. They had a blast driving around the backroads of the UP with a snowtrac in tow :biggrin:

nikos

redsqwrl
Thursday.
Ill try to explain:
The originalClowder proper, is a Saturday event. 4 hrs of show and shine. 2 hrs of snow cat games. 2 hrs of on hill touring, with a dinner program and social time till way to late.

With that said. the clowder has grown to be bigger and more epic each year. Folks showed up as early as wednesday last year and a FF member took time to arrange outings for the group as the participants grew. (midwest people are weird, if someone makes a long tow, they are getting their snow cats out for dinner or lake running or something)

Thursday this year has an official trail ride.
Friday has an official trail ride.
Saturday is the show and games
Sunday is a get back home day for most..

Now with all that said"
Wednesday and Thursday Also is a state groomer show hosted by arrowhead groomers. (about forty minutes away) it is a separate over the snow event. Get sno, Track inc, Fendt,Case IH, Soucey, and many more bring grooming related items to be driven. Tucker prototype machines have been in attendance for comparison.

So depending on your interest there is something for everyone. I have never made a thursday trail ride. I opted last year to run a new Rabbit, and compare it to a new pisten bulley at the groomer show. I was also able to check out some unique pontoons/ carriers on a prototype tucker.
I actually ran into some ff members there and it is comical for complete stranger to walk up to you and in a quiet voice state, are you red Squirrel?

For me Thursday is my get to Powder horn day. check in relax and unload and did i mention relax day. I generally help transport snow cats and make sure to address anyones last minute repairs. ( which one year was install a transmission in a KT-4 )

So to conclude if you run late don't be surprised if some one or Ten stick around sunday and monday to make sure you or anyone have a good time.
:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1233.jpg
    IMG_1233.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 362

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
NIkos, Thanks so much for the help with my Iphone photos! (the next part intended as humor) Will I be picking you up from The minneapolis airport or the chicago airport?

Your loaner snow cat awaits..... Snow trac 268...

Mike

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Cat is on the trailer, the truck is ready with adequate tools and parts, chains, ect..

Just have bags to pack, and it is time to head North in the morning. Going to meet up with a certain red headed fellow for a time tomorrow, then North again to the Big Powder Horn resort...

Everybody drive safe ya' hear? :biggrin:

See you all there soon!

Regards, Kirk

100MPH

Ski-Dozer is loaded and ready to head north for the Thursday Clowder Trail Ride (9:00am GTG). Any updates as to who's going out on the trails tomorrow?

Looks like the weather is going to be great for the weekend.:snow2_smi

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
ran late with prep, going to miss the trail ride. Ill be sliding in thursday.

Locked loaded and ready to transit.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Clowder:

Definition: a group of cats

Pronunciation: cla-u-der

Origin

This sweet noun belongs to English collectives group and represents a group of cats. It is said to be a variant of clutter (a noun, representing a confused disordered jumble of things):whistling::brows: when actually the word clowder was first recorded in 1811while clowder emerged in 1801.

Attachments

• IMG_0613.JPG
    IMG_0613.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 295

Kristi Kt-4

I didn't take many pics, but here is a group shot with Lake Superior!

Attachments

• 20170203_154229.jpg
    20170203_154229.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 260

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just found this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5hYZxX2MHU#t=280.102313

I am in awe of the range of that flying machine.
Good GOD steve you have really upped the videography, thank you for freezing your fingers to capture this trip to the alpin inn. I will see if I can get the video from the Fat Bikers..

There is no arguing about the lights and there effectiveness. ( my son and I were debating the merits of the LED vs HID )

Matt your uncles two trac, tucker was well lit. Is that the one he hauled back from Maine or the one from Albany NY?

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Where are the pictures?

Rumor has it, there was a tucker-less Nelson cat on the grounds?

any chance you snagged a photo or three.?

As long as I am teasing you. I left the keys in the snow mobile, the snow tracs, and the "Thing" Spryte, I needed an operator for the parade lap.

Oh and one other item:

remember Last year our club won a tucker at the groomer show. This year I came home with TWO!

as we all know gullible ryhmes with oranges, so I will just get right to the pictures
:flowers:

Attachments

• DSC04251.jpg
    DSC04251.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC04252.jpg
    DSC04252.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 183

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I lifted these from various sources.

My camera is being a little crank so I am snagging where ever I can find them.

Should be a Fuel Stop at the Alpin inn

A Nutritionally enhanced (fat) Biker

commissioned art

Lunch stop clowder

Early morning air freshener. 6 Degree Diesel fuel test.. (no gelling)

Attachments

• all in alpin.jpg
    all in alpin.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 178
  • fat biker.jpg
    fat biker.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 182
  • imagine image.jpg
    imagine image.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 183
  • lunch stop pop.jpg
    lunch stop pop.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 179
  • lunch stop.jpg
    lunch stop.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 180
  • start your engines.jpg
    start your engines.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Always some putz with their brights on.......:whistling:

Attachments

• brites on.PNG
    brites on.PNG
    566.6 KB · Views: 187

nelsoncat

Only three Tuckers and it said my memory was full

Attachments

• IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0678.jpg
    IMG_0678.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 178

Patroller

If you haven't seen the 2nd video here is the link. My apologies to Jen. The music credits came in just as she came into the screen. I am fixing that but it takes a day to reload everything.
I did not include the races in this video. I need some additional footage from some of you who caught the second half after the jackknifed Tucker was off the race course. I would like to add two more videos, one of which will be the race.

Video #2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5hYZxX2MHU&feature=youtu.be

If you have a 4K smart TV these videos are great. Just set the Youtube resolution to 2160p.

nelsoncat

Yes, I was guilty of believing you won a real Tucker last year! Don't think I will be fooled again. I was out grooming Friday night and the Tucker stranded me out on the trail. Alternator pulley nut came loose and the belt came off. Temp got up to 250 before I caught it. My wife wasn't too thrilled to pick me up. Decided a road trip to Powderhorn was in order.
Tucker is all fixed today

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I was guilty of believing you won a real Tucker last year! Don't think I will be fooled again. I was out grooming Friday night and the Tucker stranded me out on the trail. Alternator pulley nut came loose and the belt came off. Temp got up to 250 before I caught it. My wife wasn't too thrilled to pick me up. Decided a road trip to Powderhorn was in order.
Tucker is all fixed today

Well, she could have been with you on a romantic moon lit walk out of the wilds of Waupaca county. Or for that matter you could have trailered it to the wilds of the UP and then been boiled over 14 miles out in the pickers on Baldy mountain.

:wink: