• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Fatalities As White Van Hits Pedestrians in Toronto, Driver Described as ‘Angry and M

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Fatalities As White Van Hits Pedestrians in Toronto, Driver Described as ‘Angry and Middle Eastern’

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/0...uring-several-driver-in-custody-cops-say.html

Toronto cops nabbed the suspected driver who plowed into a group of people on a crowded city street Monday afternoon, leaving several injured and the grim sight of what appeared to be bodies covered by sheets.

Police confirmed to Fox News the arrest of the suspect, which came just minutes after news of the incident broke. "The van involved in multiple pedestrians stuck in the Yonge and Finch area of Toronto has been located and the driver arrested," Toronto police tweeted.

Cops initially said eight to 10 people were hit near Yonge Street and Finch Avenue just before 1:30 p.m., but they later clarified it was too early to confirm the number of injuries.

After striking the pedestrians, the van fled the scene, CBC reported.

The extent of the injuries at the scene is unknown, however, photos from the site of the collision showed pedestrians attempting to help people on the ground and multiple bodies covered by sheets.

A witness who identified himself as Nick said he was studying when he saw a truck “flash by” in the area. He said he “witnessed a few people pass away in front” of him as others screamed.

“[The driver] was definitely in control of what he was doing…he knew what he was doing,” Nick told Global News.

Alex Shaker, who witnessed the incident, said the van was speeding down the street before it mounted the curb and plowed into people.

“He started going down on the sidewalk and crumbling down people one by one,” Shaker told CTV. “He just destroyed so many people’s lives. Every single thing that got in his way.”

A worker at a gym in a building next to the site of the incident told Fox News that employees were told to stay inside as first responders tended to the scene.

Global News journalist Jeremy Cohn said there were “bodies all over” the street and some people had been pronounced dead.

“I’ve now walked up Yonge St from north of Sheppard to Finch. I have passed multiple dead bodies covered up, shoes and debris in the road. Witnesses tell me the white van appeared completely out of control,” Cohn tweeted.

"Ryder is aware of an incident involving a Ryder rental van striking pedestrians in Toronto on Monday April 23rd in the early afternoon," the rental company told Fox News. "We are saddened by this tragic event, and our deepest sympathies go out to those impacted. We take the safety and security of our entire fleet very seriously and we are cooperating fully with authorities."

"Our thoughts are with all those affected by the terrible incident at Yonge and Finch in Toronto," Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau tweeted. "Thank you to the first responders working at the scene – we're monitoring the situation closely."

Subway trains in the area were suspended as police investigated the incident.

The incident occurred as Cabinet ministers from the G7 countries were gathered in Toronto to discuss a range of international issues in the run-up to the G7 meeting near Quebec City in June.

Fox News' Greg Norman, Shira Bush and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Attachments

• 4F5D5D48-EC4D-4163-8A6D-E90856BD2CA1.jpeg
    4F5D5D48-EC4D-4163-8A6D-E90856BD2CA1.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 820285B9-BCDF-4000-B263-41DE0C1AAD2C.jpeg
    820285B9-BCDF-4000-B263-41DE0C1AAD2C.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 39

rugerman

I bet it will be hard for middle eastern folks to rent a vehicle for a while, and the liberals will bitch about that.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I bet it will be hard for middle eastern folks to rent a vehicle for a while, and the liberals will bitch about that.

If they can’t rent one I’m sure Trudeau will give them one. :hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Rental Van Plows Into Busy Toronto Intersection

Not to be presumptuous.. but...

Attachments

• 20180423_172038.png
    20180423_172038.png
    536.2 KB · Views: 36

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Youtube

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=NVOMS-lkq5g"]TORONTO VAN ATTACK FOOTAGE CAUGHT ON CAMERA (WARNING) - YouTube[/ame]
A

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's not like this was accidental, driver lost control .
All accounts are saying he was fully in control and knew what he was doing.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
From a Canadian friend via email moments ago:

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has spoken out about the truck "incident": "While we can't speculate on the motives of the person (Muslim) who committed this cowardly act, I have directed the Secretary of Hash Tags, Candlelight Vigils and Meaningless Platitudes to issue the following":

Repeat after me:
There is no Muslim problem in Canada eh
There is no Muslim problem in Canada eh
There aren't any Muslim No-Go zones in Canada eh
There aren't any Muslim No-Go zones in Canada eh
These aren't the Muslims you are
looking for
They can go about their business

Diversity is our strength,eh
They cannot defeat us. Love conquers hate.
I was hoping it was white supremicists....damn
I stand with the people of Toronto eh.
I am London. We are Toronto eh.
This is a perversion of a great and noble faith
This has nothing to do with Islam.
Unfettered Muslim Immigration makes our country safer, eh
We can't give in to Islamophobia and racism. That's not who we are.
Calling it Radical Islamic Extremism only serves to create more Terrorists. That's not who we are.
We will just have to get used to a certain level of Islamic terrorism.
Our hearts and prayers go out to the victims, eh
#PrayForToronto
#RefugeesWelcome

Now let's get back to normal and bash the U.S. and Trump, eh