• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Daylight Savings time AGAIN? WHAT A SCAM???

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't forget to turn back your clocks this Sunday Morning. DST is over for the year.

I won't make the mistake of telling all to reverse the polarity on the battery so the heat comes on instead of the AC.. Although I still wonder why no one makes an inexpensive thermostat that doesn't have to be told to cool in summer, and to heat in winter.

With that said, here is my rant about DST
We go through this every year. DST does NOTHING!!!!

It does force us to lose an hour of sleep every spring which we all take as a "BONUS" come fall. It's no different than having the government take your taxes out of the paycheck every week and then making you wait until spring the following year to get back your own money as some sort of a "BONUS"

It is an artificial "perk" for the middle class who has no idea how they are being manipulated and cheated.

to Wit,,,;
Every spring we all give up an hour to the DST...Ever wonder where do all those hours go? I'm betting there is a humongous, nondescript metal building in Nevada where they ae stored by the government, who holds them all summer long. I have no idea WHAT they do with them.

What I do know is that, come fall, they give them back to all who have survived the summer.

What happens to the hours belonging to those of us who, sadly, have passed this world before they got those precious hours back?

NO ONE KNOWS
ohthedrama.gif

I believe the government sells them on the open market next to the booths selling Carbon Credits. Call me Batsh!t crazy but, when it comes to the logic of DST, it is the only scenario that makes any sense.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think we should set our clocks back 30 minutes.

It splits the different between the "fall back" and "spring forward" fiascos. We would not have to move our clocks back/forward ever again.

And the whole world would be totally screwed up because we only moved 30 minutes. Some countries might match our 30 minute scheme and some would not but since the world economy is still dominated by the US they would need to adapt to our time for business.

Besides, I'd chuckle every time some foreigner looked at their watch.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Don't need to "save" it here. It would be 9 PM 110 degrees with the sun shining bright. No Thanks.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We should be on Atlantic Standard Time up here, then everything will happen an hour early and we can get the jump on the rest of you.:yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We should be on Atlantic Standard Time up here, then everything will happen an hour early and we can get the jump on the rest of you.:yum:
Sorry Butch but, you're gonna need more than an hour to get the jump on this ole Indian.:yum: