• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

F*ck the NFL

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What is the commissioner thinking? How in the hell can it be okay to allow your employees to disrespect our flag and our nation as a form of protest but it is not okay to put a sticker on your helmet to show support for 'blue' lives?

They should have nipped this in the bud, now more and more players are doing the same. Is it for attention for themselves or for a cause they truly believe in? If they truly believe in this cause they should be on the streets, leading rallies and giving speeches about how to fix things ALL ON THEIR FREE TIME. I doubt their sincerity since it is only done during our anthem and then they get on with their extravagant lifestyles. :soapbox: :angry:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know if it's the commissioner as I don't think he has control over this issue.

I think the owners do.

If I were an owner, I'd bench a player for doing that and throw on a $ penalty. Violation of some conduct or morality clause.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Understood the commissioner does not have control of individual players but they make the rules. Dallas asked to wear the blue lives matter sticker and were told no. I guess they should not have asked they just should have done it and asked forgiveness later.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know if it's the commissioner as I don't think he has control over this issue.

I think the owners do.

If I were an owner, I'd bench a player for doing that and throw on a $ penalty. Violation of some conduct or morality clause.

Make no mistake, the League is the governing body. The courts have said so to get around the obvious monopoly. The dress code is league wide, and owners have been overruled conduct wise by the league. Suspensions are handed down by the league.

From the people supporting this fiasco, the fans, the obvious solution is to cease watching and cease buying sponsors products. When those million dollar commercial spots go to 6 bucks, these prima donnas will be doing a lot of sitting.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Understood the commissioner does not have control of individual players but they make the rules. Dallas asked to wear the blue lives matter sticker and were told no. I guess they should not have asked they just should have done it and asked forgiveness later.

http://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/nfl-rules-enforcement/

Granted the owners/managers can tell the players to sit down and shut up, but it's the league that has the final say.

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
The league and owners will do nothing as long as fans but tickets, gear / trinkets. Etc. In fact. Their oncome might be increasing as pond scum buy shirts of their favorite protester. If people stop buying, something will be done, not before. Turning off the game does nothing the contracts are already bought and paid for.

I hope no one thought football was about a sport did they?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I'm done with the NFL. Totally. I enjoy watching football, but not any more. Those whiney ass, over paid cry baby millenial entitlement asshats can all go f**k themselves.

I'm getting my ass off the couch on Sunday afternoons this fall and going for a nice long walk, weather permitting or head down stairs to my reloading bench if it is not.

I am done with them.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I gave up on pro football 20 years ago.
What a waste of time and conversation and arguments.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
The only NFL I watch is superbowl and if it turns into I runaway I turn the TV off.
Mike

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Woo Hoo :clap: :clap: :clap:

Marine Colonel (Ret) Jeffery A. Powers is sick of it. So he wrote a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Gooddell.

Commissioner,

I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and Giants Stadium.

I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt Garrett Mongrella, was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country beside playing with a ball and believing they’re something special! They’re not! My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this! You’ll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this. Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner.

What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!

You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles.

They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don’t do it for an hour on Sunday. They do it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They don’t even have ice! Many don’t have legs or arms.

Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.

I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
The league and owners will do nothing as long as fans but tickets, gear / trinkets. Etc. In fact. Their oncome might be increasing as pond scum buy shirts of their favorite protester. If people stop buying, something will be done, not before. Turning off the game does nothing the contracts are already bought and paid for.

I hope no one thought football was about a sport did they?

Ain't that the truth. The Lions have sucked for 60 years, and have not won a playoff game since 1991 I think. Yet The Ford's who own the team and the league have done nothing to try and improve this team.

As long as the fans fill the stadiums the owners are happy and the league makes money.

As far as the protest goes, it reminds me of michelle obama and her "Get our girls back" campaign when Boko Harem kidnapped 200 children. It went no where, but it was a feel good moment for liberals.

Kapernak, or whatever his name is, is doing the same. The protest will fizzle out soon enough because he only did it to make himself the center of attention for 5 minutes.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
It seems that everywhere I browse on the Internet for news has some article today titled something like "NFL commissioner supports National Anthem protests" ?

I've been a reasonably avid watcher of NFL games since me and some of my college buddies drove over to Indy from Crawfordsville to join the party greeting the caravan of trucks and busses when the Colts came to Indy. Now I'm not too warm to watching any NFL football. Does anyone happen to know if any Colt player was a dip and insulted our flag and the country which it represents via the untold lost lives and injuries inflicted on our men and women in uniform?

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It seems that everywhere I browse on the Internet for news has some article today titled something like "NFL commissioner supports National Anthem protests" ?

I've been a reasonably avid watcher of NFL games since me and some of my college buddies drove over to Indy from Crawfordsville to join the party greeting the caravan of trucks and busses when the Colts came to Indy. Now I'm not too warm to watching any NFL football. Does anyone happen to know if any Colt player was a dip and insulted our flag and the country which it represents via the untold lost lives and injuries inflicted on our men and women in uniform?

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...ho-protested-during-national-anthem-in-week-2

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks JB.
From the link it appears none of your Colts or my Browns joined the disgraceful protest against our nations flag.
These premadonnas are being paid to represent their team and the NFL. Protest and make your point on your own time. I'm still outraged that they are allowed to protest like this. I did not watch one NFL play this week. It was tough but I ain't gonna do it.

At least I did get to watch the Ohio State Buckeyes romp on Oklahoma Saturday night. :D

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, when I called Direct tv and cancelled my NFL Sunday ticket subscription, the person I talked to said I wasn't the only one cancelling.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
You're trapped in a room with an angry grizzly bear, a hungry Lion, and a NFL football player. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

Shoot the NFL football player… twice.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks JB.
From the link it appears none of your Colts or my Browns joined the disgraceful protest against our nations flag.
These premadonnas are being paid to represent their team and the NFL. Protest and make your point on your own time. I'm still outraged that they are allowed to protest like this. I did not watch one NFL play this week. It was tough but I ain't gonna do it.

At least I did get to watch the Ohio State Buckeyes romp on Oklahoma Saturday night. :D

Actually, the prima donnas, the league, and the teams are being paid to entertain the fans. I'm not entertained by someone who's reaped the rewards of everything this country stands for and what I served in the military for.

The fact is without the fans most of these self entitled idiots would be doing their kneeling in back alleys for 20 bucks a pop.

Next up the NCAA. The only US sport I care about is NCAA BB. But no more.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Found this on another forum

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 147

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It appears a lot are boycotting the NFL. Serves them right.

(AP Photo/Luis M. Alvarez, File)
Is it time for Roger Goodell and the NFL to hit the panic button?
Last week’s*Sunday Night Football*matchup drew in its lowest ratings in seven years*(Monday Night Football*didn’t fare any better)*and last night’s game between the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings fell even further. According to Deadline, the primetime portion of last night’s game scored a 13.7/22 in Nielsen’s metered market ratings as the Vikings went on to beat the Packers 17-14. Not only is that down 18% from last year’s ratings, it’s also a 9% dip compared to the*SNF*opener just last week.
There are a number of reasons why Sunday Night Football*could have underperformed in the ratings. For starters, last night’s game was forced to*compete with the Emmys, which scored a 8.4/13 in the MM ratings. Secondly, the game itself wasn’t exactly audience friendly thanks to stout defensive performances from both teams. Lastly, many casual NFL fans have yet to forget about Vikings running back Adrian Peterson’s indictment for child abuse back in 2014.
But still, the NFL’s decline in the ratings is becoming more of a true pattern and less of a passing phase, especially as the National Anthem protest continues onward.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brandon...mbles-hard-in-ratings-yet-again/#df6ecb91ad54

Attachments

• NFL-veiwershipFallsBig.PNG
    NFL-veiwershipFallsBig.PNG
    806.2 KB · Views: 144

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The circus only continues as long as people tune in and watch. You piss off the paying public and the golden goose stops laying. It's a fact of life. :hammer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Better late than never:

Jerry Jones, Owner of the Dallas Cowboys called a meeting with all of his Coaches, Players and field staff and firmly told them, "You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage! You will stand, with your hand over your heart and with respect, when our Country's National Anthem is being played or you will no longer be a Dallas Cowboy, a Coach for the Dallas Cowboys or have any association with the Dallas Cowboy Organization! I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are!"
Say what you will about Jerry Jones but here, I'm damn proud of what he has said and demanded of his Players, Coaches and field staff!

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Better late than never:

Jerry Jones, Owner of the Dallas Cowboys called a meeting with all of his Coaches, Players and field staff and firmly told them, "You are all simply paid performers on a stage and that field is my stage! You will stand, with your hand over your heart and with respect, when our Country's National Anthem is being played or you will no longer be a Dallas Cowboy, a Coach for the Dallas Cowboys or have any association with the Dallas Cowboy Organization! I will immediately fire you, no matter who you are!"
Say what you will about Jerry Jones but here, I'm damn proud of what he has said and demanded of his Players, Coaches and field staff!

Dallas just got back on my will watch list. Hope they make it to the Super Bowl. I hate missing the Super Bowl.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Better late than never:

Dallas just got back on my will watch list. Hope they make it to the Super Bowl. I hate missing the Super Bowl.

Jones hasn't been my favorite person for a long time. He just got a lot better!