• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Damn! It is cold and windy.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Temp this morning is -11 with a wind chill of -31. Forecast says -20 tonight with wind chills -40 or worse. We only got about 3-5 inches of snow but it has been blowing around so bad I am sure I will be busting drifts this morning. When the heavy squall line came through yesterday you could not see 20 ft. it was snowing so bad. Hurt my left shoulder trying to get the slider on my building open so plowing will be a painful job. It blew a lot of this powdery snow in on my woodshed so that will be a chore as well.

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
current-warningsjpg-94f5b8d855fce226.jpg
[/IMG]

-8° right now with a wind chill about -30° Tomorrow doesn't look much better. :sad:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Man I dread plowing this morning, -3F here. It will be fine after I get out there but the ceremony (gearing up) before is like a wake

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yikes. Woke up this morning to a balmy -37 celsius with a windchill of -48. That's cold.

10959801_745046006254_6670635264065456399_n.jpg

Last edited:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
7 deg here and light winds.

The Sun is trying to come out though, and it will make it feel better.:smile:

Regards, Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Down here in North Carolina it was hovering neary 50 degrees F and sunny yesterday, but then late afternoon/evening the winds picked up from calm to daaaaammnnnn! Temps dropped as the winds were blowing. We walked into the theater last night for a play, temps were still in the low-mid 40'sF. Walked out 2.5 hours later after the play and the temps were in the 20'sF with winds blowing strong enough to make you hold onto the steering wheel of the car to make sure you didn't get blown into the next traffic lane.

Winds are calm and cold (for here) with temps in the 20'sF now, going up up 30F. Rare to stay below the freezing point here.

Reports from home in Northern Indiana are much different. Wind Chills at -20F. Snow blowing roads closed. State of emergency in several counties due to snow and blowing causing White Out conditions. Temps near or below 0F.

So we picked a good time to be in North Carolina.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
-2F out with a wind chill of -40F here right now. Steady 20MPH wind with gusts over 40MPH. Brutal day here as we are on the windy backside of the weekend blizzard. The driveway is drifting back in, so if the wind dies down I got a job this afternoon. :w00t2:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Was -15° here this morning. Luckily, not much wind down here in the valley.

My Dad e-mailed this morning. Reporting that he was at -10° and his furnace had just quit. He figured out that if he disconnects the outdoor air supply, everything works. No idea why (yet). When he called the HVAC company they said this is happening to multiple people with propane furnaces.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Was -15° here this morning. Luckily, not much wind down here in the valley.

My Dad e-mailed this morning. Reporting that he was at -10° and his furnace had just quit. He figured out that if he disconnects the outdoor air supply, everything works. No idea why (yet). When he called the HVAC company they said this is happening to multiple people with propane furnaces.

Sounds like there could be a limit switch on the outside air intake. Frozen maybe in the wrong position? Hard to say of course from here. :biggrin: Good that he was able to get it running.

Leni

Mid 70's here. You'all take care. Right now I am at the beach for a week. Daughter is house sitting for us.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
put on your wool & quit yinz-uns whinin'-- as my Dad would say, anyhows.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Temp this morning is -11 with a wind chill of -31. Forecast says -20 tonight with wind chills -40 or worse. We only got about 3-5 inches of snow but it has been blowing around so bad I am sure I will be busting drifts this morning. When the heavy squall line came through yesterday you could not see 20 ft. it was snowing so bad. Hurt my left shoulder trying to get the slider on my building open so plowing will be a painful job. It blew a lot of this powdery snow in on my woodshed so that will be a chore as well.

We've got around 15 right now with an expected foot of snow by morning.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
33 above here after a high of 39. Expecting a week or more of warm temps into the 40s. Are the poles switching??

LOL, good question. I heard the local news this morning saying the reason it is so cold here this year is the fact the cold air has no place to go. What? No place to go? Where has it always been going that it can't go to this year? :yum::yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Apparently I picked a good day to get the heck out of North Carolina too.

Whole state is apparently under some sort of state of emergency due to ICE.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Satellite view of Michigan, I think it is cold here. :unsure:

10980718_10152981667541236_5512805814009010614_n.jpg

What? The Great Lakes are freezing over again? That's not supposed to happen. I thought winters were going to be so warm that we'd all be growing palm trees by now. :yum:

BTW, Lake Champlain has frozen over now for the second year in row. First time that has happened in over 10 years.

Kane

....or, busy counting all his money his organization has raised off all the naysayers and gloom & doomers. :yum:

Thankfully, the Republicans were able to stop the cap-and-tax scheme back in '09. Because the Chicago Carbon Exchange was to most corrupt plan ever conceived, structured to make Gore and Hoosein billionaires.

So keep watch on Hoosein over the next two years. Watch him enact cap-and-tax by executive order. POS.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
72 it is sure nice to have the door open and let the fresh air come through the screen door.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was a balmy 22 here. Today might make 15 but drop fast tonight to sub zero with extreme wind chill warnings till Saturday. 3 inches of snow today and more for the weekend with warmer temps close to 30. Then back below zero next week. So cold it froze the sprinkler system in a major grocery store yesterday and flooded the place in the middle of the day.I need to plow back drifts again and try to bring more wood over to the boiler this morning.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
The cold wave is expected to continue through the weekend with another reinforcing shot of cold air early next week. The fun continues. :yum:

Anybody here besides me ready for spring to get sprung? :smile:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Anybody here besides me ready for spring to get sprung? :smile:
Punta Cana for a week is just around the corner.:smile::smile::smile:

I bought some new walking shorts, and have my Speedo packed already. Look out ladies, here comes the new, 50# lighter JEV. :yum:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Punta Cana for a week is just around the corner.:smile::smile::smile:

I bought some new walking shorts, and have my Speedo packed already. Look out ladies, here comes the new, 50# lighter JEV. :yum:

Sorry Joe, that is an image I need not be infused in my brain. Actually, I am not sorry, just trying to be polite, for me. :yum: