• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

BIG changes in 30 years.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
WTF is this world coming to? I grew up in the eighties and here are some of the things I survived:
-eggs in school lunches
-peanut butter sandwiches
-tuna sandwiches
-the "strap" in schools
-the use of actual discipline in schools
-Being allowed to bring our halloween treats in our lunches
-having stuff that actually contained gluten

The world today is a much different world and run by psychologists. Back in the eighties we had winners and losers. Not everyone got picked to be on the team. When a kid didn't listen back then he/she was put in the corner or given a detention. Detentions back then meant writing lines or doing book work. Detentions now days are a joke. The kids get to stay inside at recess and color while the other kids freeze their ass off outside at -25C. Nowdays if a kid acts up in school he/she gets labelled with ADHD and gets pumped full of meds.

Sadly, all that has changed and we are basically raising a generation of pussies. God forbid that a kid has anything with peanut butter in their lunch. God forbid some kid might get his feelings hurt by being singled out for being an idiot in class. Seriously. What is this world coming to? Now, they aren't even teaching cursive writing in schools anymore? The world is doomed.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I grew up in the 50's & 60's so for me the changes are even more pronounced. What we have witnessed is the so called wussification of America. Society today has turned into nothing but a society of wimps and pussies as you say.

This is all due to the liberals and their warped beliefs in how our society should be run. They cannot accept there are winners and losers. Children need dicipline not time outs.

Speak up and fight back on political correctness. I do it all the time and it is absolutely amazing how many folks appreciate it and enjoy it.