• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SIX Wheel Sports Car!!!

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I just dont get it. :ermm:

http://jalopnik.com/5105964/six+wheeled-covini-c6w-heading-to-production

The Auto Insider
title_02.jpg

The Tourist

Banned
My guess would be that the more rubber you put on the road the better the grip in corners.

As seen in the Bugatti, some of these new super cars make more than 1,000 BHP. I know that V-rated tires can sustain speeds at over 150 MPH, but would that same tire be able to take all of the torque and horsepower of a super car? Would they just slip?

Or, it's just a cosmetic touch to garner a bigger market share.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I have been a hobby restorer and custom builder of fine cars for many years , That being said , I just don't think its all that interesting or that anybody would want one . Sure, it took a little engineering skill to make it all work ,but it just not that impressive to me .I think some of my misfit creations were better than that . I'll take a 1967 Corvette Rag Top Roadster with a big Rat block any day over that . I once turned down a 63 split window for $1800 bucks too ! What a knucklehead i am ....:blush:

The Tourist

Banned
I'm not sure that it's even that hard to build. You've seen the technology before on other cars.

For example, every 4-wheel drive truck has a 'transfer case.' That's a polite way of saying "front wheel transmission." If I'm not mistaken, it represents 1950's technology.

As for the front streering system, the Mitsubishi 3000GT (and the rebadged Dodge Shadow) were advertised as a "four wheel drive, four wheel steering" sports car.

So technically (yes, I know...) if you used the Mitsubishi wheel steering mechanism coupled to a transfer case, you'd have a six wheel drive automobile.

Since no new ground is being broken, there's a good chance the thing is being built for style.

But the way the front end would grip, it might be a good design for competitive "drifting."

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Now this is a 6-wheeled sports car. Not that trash.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEQfXSl8ZjU"]YouTube - cummins 12 sec truck[/ame]

Trakternut

The steering ain't so complicated. Look underneath a twin-steering axled concrete mixer truck. Another drag link goes between the axles, steering them together. However, the cut of the wheels in the second axle has to be slightly sharper than that of the first one.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Someone please bitch about diesel trucks having no power.

I love seeing a 7200# Cummins powered dually turning a sub 10 second quarter mile. You'll note that in the video I posted, that's a manual tranny truck, too. Imagine what a properly prepped auto-box would do. :punk:

Why gas motors are still being produced in the automotive industry is beyond my understanding. Ignorance.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
OK

Diesel trucks have no power. 10 seconds = sucks. And look at all that PM10 pollution! They should be banned.

How'd I do?

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Anyone who would buy not just one, but three wimpy big blocks desperately needs a diesel intervention. You prove my point, no power. You gotta have three of 'em just to get that log to plane out.

:raz:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Put just one or two diesels in that could make the boat go over 100, and the boat would sink to the bottom quicker than the Titanic from the weight and smell.

ps - I do own an 82 diesel Mercedes and love the car. Kinda slow on acceleration, even after I poked a bleed hole in the boost reference line and unscrewed the ALDA. Makes great gobs of black smoke on hard acceleration. But on the highway, that diesel just purrs like a kitten at 80mph.