• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
You know, I, like most people have a hard time with censorship.

I once belonged to a board where there was nothing subtle about it.
Very stern warnings with ban hammers flying everywhere.

People complained and stated that they wished they could speak their minds freely.
So I took it upon myself to start a rogue board where that was possible.
There were no mods, and no rules.

Many folks signed on board, but apparently couldn't handle the freedom, and would rather have rules and be told what to do.
I guess what they said they wanted, wasn't really what they wished for.
It goes back to an age old understanding of what "civilization" is.
As you have noted,,,;
"Society is nothing more than people cooperating with other people they'd much rather murder."

IE;;; human nature

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
6pm better get here fast.
I'm starving and want to eat soon.
My friends don't get off work until 6ish.

Meanwhile I've been keeping an eye on the last of the baby robins to leave the nest.
It's been sitting there like that since early this morning.
Last time I went out, it had it's beak open, but not making a sound.
Mama's gone kiddo, time to fly.

20200527_164739-1152x1152.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's 80f here today. Muggy after 2 days of rain. We set up the old tent trailer in the yard for the girls to sleep in. It will probably stay there setup for the summer unless we decide we want to use it elsewhere.

Bannedjoe

I got my gate put in.
I made a deal with the guy, and I'm going back to buy 3 more not so wide ones for some other doors on the place tomorrow.

Also, my stucco guy is here, and is jamming right along.

Attachments

• IMG_2396.JPG
    IMG_2396.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2399.JPG
    IMG_2399.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2395.JPG
    IMG_2395.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2323.JPG
    IMG_2323.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 39

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Made it to the work cabin and got set up. Unloaded the Suzuki and played with it some. Its very good at climbing steep hills with loose dirt. Just what the doctor ordered. Tomorrow back to work on the place.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
First actual sit down dining restaurant experience in I don't know how long.
Our waitress wore a mask, everyone working in there wore a mask.
I got the Admiral's Feast.

20200527_215152-768x768.jpg

There weren't many people dining at all.
Kroger, across Reynolds Road was packed.
Did a little shopping there, then headed home.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
First actual sit down dining restaurant experience in I don't know how long.
Our waitress wore a mask, everyone working in there wore a mask.
I got the Admiral's Feast.

View attachment 126940

Oh! That used to be my favorite when I thought that I could handle my wife's disapproving looks! She doesn't like fried food and thinks that no one else should either. For 40 odd years she's been married to a Scotsman. If you want to starve a Scotsman to death you hide the deep fat fryer and the skillet. We're f***ed.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I woke up this morning and the ankle pain was gone, just like that. It came out of nowhere and presumably went right back there. It was good to be able to get around.

Took out the trash and then took the labradoodle to the groomer. After 3 months of quarantine she was a scruffy bitch … literally.

My wife went to the beauty shop for a manicure and pedicure. She has her priorities and I have my mine. I met her for lunch when she got through. It was Wings Wednesday at Cowburners. I gave the owner hell because he didn't have any French fries. It's the only time that I eat fries and his supplier didn't have any. That's un-American. It's okay because his supplier can't get him brisket or pork butt either. He's having to drive all over East Texas to get meat. When places are limiting you to one brisket or pork butt a day and you use over 50 brisket in a week that adds up to a lot of driving. After lunch I came home and had a short nap.

I waited for the rain to start but for the second day in a row, it went all around us. Tomorrow I think that I'm going to spray and to hell with the forecast. They've got it wrong the last two days and I need to get going although they're saying there's a 50% chance of rain. It's either going to be a great success or a total waste of a few hundred dollars of herbicide.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ran errands yesterday on the motorcycle, drive thru at the bank, pharmacy, etc. All very socially distant because I was wearing my full-face motorcycle helmet the entire time.

It was nice to get out on the bike for some fresh air. We've had some decent weather but my back was in pain from a pulled muscle so I wasn't getting around too well and didn't think it would be good to go out on a motorcycle while taking muscle relaxers.

Been off the drugs for 2 days + nice weather + need to go out = motorcycle ride :biker:

Not sure about what is on the agenda for the day, probably cleaning the house. Supposed to thunderstorm for most of the morning? But then clear up in the afternoon. If it clears up then I might be going for another ride after the rain clears.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That little robin finally left the nest.
Didn't see it out there last night or this morning.
Freedom baby!

It's rainy today, supposed to be all day.
I'm not working again until Saturday which I hate to say it just fine with me.
Love nursing, love my job but right now at this moment in time, I'm much happier spending less time there.
My director understands that very well.
I don't feel like a front line worker nor a hero.
I'm just a geriatric nurse who is very tired.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Don't get me started on those little robins. Lol. Every morning at first light, we've had one pecking at every window in the house trying to get in.

Today's been productive considering that I had nothing planned. Last night the well pump kicked out and would re prime to pump water into the house. I tried it again this morning before digging deeper into it (which would involve pulling the pump out of the pipe). It worked! So we have water again.

I got some housework done inside this morning while it rained on and off. The sun came out so I headed out to mow a small patch of grass up by the house that I missed the other day. A couple hours later, I had the whole yard mowed again. Like Forrest gump, I like cutting the grass. Lol. The controls on the mower are similar to the old lamtrac I used to run. It has 4x4 and engages at the flip of a switch on the fly. Just like the lamtrac.

I also gathered the tools and supplies that I'll need tomorrow at camp. Just the oldest boy and I heading out again. This weekend is going to be a reconstruction project on the outdoor kitchen. When I built it 3 yrs ago, I used the clear PVC roofing panels that are 2' x 12' per panel. Without much of a pitch to the roof, snow accumulations were too much and the sun baking those clear panels made them very brittle. So I'm replacing them with corrugated metal roof panels and adding extra cross bracing for strength. Another downside to the clear panels is that on a hot summer day, they act like a magnifying glass under the sunlight making it hot in there.

f0302b7e3872ec3c1932f57449a315ec.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Today at the work cabin I got the last part of the exterior wall from where I added the porch to the house insulated and plywood on it. Tomorrow I plan to cut my new archway into the main part of the cabin from the added room and delete the old front door.

Attachments

• IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0815.jpg
    IMG_0815.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 77

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This afternoon I was browsing Facebook and got an invitation to join a private group.
It's for our nurse scheduler, Roberta.
Two years ago she was battling cancer, and now it's back.
Talk about shocked.
What breaks my heart the most is that she did not mention it at all, but I knew something was off just by the way she's been lately.
So, she's going to be undergoing yet another mastectomy and this time chemo.
166 friends, family and coworkers all mostly broken hearted, but hopeful that this time she beats it for good.
She's such a beautiful woman both physically and inside her precious heart.
They've also set up some kind of "meal train", where we can take meals to their home.
I doubt that her hubby Brian is going to have time to think about that, nor will their two teens, Logan and Sophie.
We're going to do what we can to see them through this.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This afternoon I was browsing Facebook and got an invitation to join a private group.
Talk about shocked.
What breaks my heart the most is that she did not mention it at all, but I knew something was off just by the way she's been lately.
166 friends, family and coworkers all mostly broken hearted, but hopeful that this time she beats it for good.
They've also set up some kind of "meal train", where we can take meals to their home.
I doubt that her hubby Brian is going to have time to think about that, nor will their two teens, Logan and Sophie.

I’m so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she has a full recovery.

Jim

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Don't get me started on those little robins. Lol. Every morning at first light, we've had one pecking at every window in the house trying to get in.

Today's been productive considering that I had nothing planned. Last night the well pump kicked out and would re prime to pump water into the house. I tried it again this morning before digging deeper into it (which would involve pulling the pump out of the pipe). It worked! So we have water again.

I got some housework done inside this morning while it rained on and off. The sun came out so I headed out to mow a small patch of grass up by the house that I missed the other day. A couple hours later, I had the whole yard mowed again. Like Forrest gump, I like cutting the grass. Lol. The controls on the mower are similar to the old lamtrac I used to run. It has 4x4 and engages at the flip of a switch on the fly. Just like the lamtrac.

I also gathered the tools and supplies that I'll need tomorrow at camp. Just the oldest boy and I heading out again. This weekend is going to be a reconstruction project on the outdoor kitchen. When I built it 3 yrs ago, I used the clear PVC roofing panels that are 2' x 12' per panel. Without much of a pitch to the roof, snow accumulations were too much and the sun baking those clear panels made them very brittle. So I'm replacing them with corrugated metal roof panels and adding extra cross bracing for strength. Another downside to the clear panels is that on a hot summer day, they act like a magnifying glass under the sunlight making it hot in there.

f0302b7e3872ec3c1932f57449a315ec.jpg

After I get caught up here at the work cabin, That outdoor kitchen would be a great addition for summer when you don't want to run the inside stove. I can picture sitting outside around dark with the wife making some goodies. Great idea and not that hard to put together.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I’m so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she has a full recovery.

Jim
Thanks.
Something tells me she will.
Lots of love and prayer going on tonight.
Her hubby is the editor of our local newspaper.
Great kids, wonderful support system.
Her, Brian, Logan and Sophie.

FB_IMG_1590721400760.jpg

FB_IMG_1590721392236.jpg

Bannedjoe

Talk about shocked.

Aw, son of a bitch.
That's sad.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
After I get caught up here at the work cabin, That outdoor kitchen would be a great addition for summer when you don't want to run the inside stove. I can picture sitting outside around dark with the wife making some goodies. Great idea and not that hard to put together.
We love it. With 6 kids on a hot day, it's so much nicer to cook in with essentially a full kitchen and bbq setup. The camper has a small outdoor kitchen with a mini fridge and sink with both hot and cold water. So for cooking we just fill whatever pot we need with water.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Heading out for an afternoon ride, but ran across a moto-traveler this morning and chatted with him for about 45 minutes while he was resting. He lives in Ft Wayne, IN and was returning home from Montana. He woke up in Iowa and rode through Illinois without stopping. Said he refuses to give income to the State of Illinois. Stopped in Schererville, IN on US 30 a few miles east of the Illinois state line for fuel, food and some oil. Riding a Suzuki, Bandit??? 1250cc???

He had a set of Givi brand luggage boxes on the bike that caught my attention. Largely because one of them was melted through by the exhaust gasses from his muffler! Fortunately nothing caught fire and he had packed light so he shifted his load around and was riding the last legs of the trip home with the right side box empty. He has been riding with the same set up on other trips. He said he spent one really long day on the bike and blames the melt-through on the fact that he was iron butting his way back east. Figured that if he had taken longer stops the engine would cool a bit more, the exhaust heat would have been lowered, the ambient temperature of the bottom of the box would have been lower, etc etc etc

Nice guy, he will be home shortly following US 30 right into Colluseum Drive in Ft Wayne.

y34SEugYRnK9S5C4nvbtOA.jpg

xHaeYdwfT6CJIFjJe8IdXg.jpg

Upon close inspection the exhaust gasses from the muffler were so hot that they liquified the plastic and it was blowing off the box. Inside the box the edge was smooth and rounded. Outside you could see where the plastic had literally been dripping and blowing off the box.

J_hz7JjQSgycs3QMJU3l1w.jpg

6FwDNqXYSBedc3eLt38fEA.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I picked up a shift today.
So, time to put on my mask and enjoy 12 hrs of not being able to breathe.
It's all going to CHANGE next week.

Bannedjoe

Upon close inspection the exhaust gasses from the muffler were so hot that they liquified the plastic and it was blowing off the box. Inside the box the edge was smooth and rounded. Outside you could see where the plastic had literally been dripping and blowing off the box.

I'm going to guess that the pipes/bags were a self done job.

Quite often I read about guys doing custom things, thinking they know best.

Recently a guy wrote in complaining that his pipes were were really hot, way hotter than normal.

After a few posts, we come to find he debaffled and gutted his mufflers and exhaust to make the bike louder.
:laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Planning on TV church this morning.

My brother is bringing over his home/office chair. A weld snapped on his arm rest. So he wants me to tack it back into place. I told him it won't be shiny chrome when I am done with the weld but he said he doesn't care what it looks like, he cares that he can keep a comfortable chair!

Yesterday I cut apart a stock kickstand. Shortened it about 1 1/4" by cutting the shaft just above the toe catch bar. Re-welded it together, at the new short length. Primed and repainted it.

It will be installed on my wife's lowered 2016 NC700x. She has a Soupy's lowering kit. And a Soupy's adjustable kickstand. The Soupy's adjustable kickstand tends to poke through hot asphalt parking lots. The toe catch also snapped off last summer, it was aluminum and under-engineered for its task.

I have not installed it yet because I need to raise her bike up about an inch. When we lowered her bike, we took it all the way down. Bike is too low. So we will raise the bike up and reinstall the shortened-original kickstand, which is now longer than the current Soupy's and shorter than the stock.

I'm hoping I don't have to cut-weld-paint it again, but I think it should be perfect based on my male intuition and generally superior manly guesstimate skills. :smileywac

j-Vi-Jf-Tck-Q1u3-Gkgmxm-V8-Vg.jpg

Above you can see the broken Soupy's Performance adjustable kickstand. The toe catch laying on the ground, snapped off just above the threading were it screwed into the kickstand. The rounded bottom of the Soupy's kickstand makes a nice hole in hot asphalt parking lots too.

I'm going to guess that the pipes/bags were a self done job.

Quite often I read about guys doing custom things, thinking they know best.

Recently a guy wrote in complaining that his pipes were were really hot, way hotter than normal.

After a few posts, we come to find he debaffled and gutted his mufflers and exhaust to make the bike louder.
:laugh3:

I was thinking the muffler is non-stock.

The Givi bags were on Give mounting racks. Givi is a pretty mainstream motorcycle accessory company, generally well made and generally well engineered. So that said, I believe the muffler is an aftermarket slip on, or was modified.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I had planned on going to mass at St. Auggie's this morning, but haven't made it that far.
6 feet apart, communion in the hand.. yadda yadda.
I'll wait.
I've got a church service on the radio, not sure which church it's coming from.

Bright, cool and sunny today.
I'm off, nothing big on the agenda.
Jeff and I may have dinner at Frisch's Big Boy, depending on if he makes it up this way.
I need to have a sit down talk with that boy.
Even though he's my 41 year old son.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's Sunday. It's a day of rest. Not quite.

I need to cut the back 40.

I was going to do it late yesterday but I had a hiccup during the afternoon while spraying out in the pasture. I was using the little 25-gallon tow behind sprayer behind the Gator. Really that thing is a yard sprayer and doesn't belong out in the pasture. I ran over a branch hidden in the grass and it came up and went through the plastic tank of the sprayer, completely destroying it. I got it back to the house and started stripping it down with the intention of just getting a new 25-gallon tank. It became obvious just how often over the last 20 years I had patched, mended and repaired that thing. I stripped everything usable off it and decided to junk it. It's time for a new one.

After mowing the little bit down back, the back 40, I have to spray insecticide on the 4-acre yard. A couple of days ago I was walking around piddling with stuff and the damned chiggers got me … in the yard. I had an absolutely miserable night last night because of the itching and pain so today is payback. The little buggers are going to DIE!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It's Sunday. It's a day of rest. Not quite.

I need to cut the back 40.

I was going to do it late yesterday but I had a hiccup during the afternoon while spraying out in the pasture. I was using the little 25-gallon tow behind sprayer behind the Gator. Really that thing is a yard sprayer and doesn't belong out in the pasture. I ran over a branch hidden in the grass and it came up and went through the plastic tank of the sprayer, completely destroying it. I got it back to the house and started stripping it down with the intention of just getting a new 25-gallon tank. It became obvious just how often over the last 20 years I had patched, mended and repaired that thing. I stripped everything usable off it and decided to junk it. It's time for a new one.

After mowing the little bit down back, the back 40, I have to spray insecticide on the 4-acre yard. A couple of days ago I was walking around piddling with stuff and the damned chiggers got me … in the yard. I had an absolutely miserable night last night because of the itching and pain so today is payback. The little buggers are going to DIE!
Texas Chigger's carry chain saws.

Jus' sayin'

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
There's word that one of those terrorist groups is going to invade Council Bluffs, Iowa this evening, so I'm on call for that. A few GOP and Tea Party people are staying in touch with the police department, in case they need any help. The police dept. has an 8:00 PM curfew this evening.

You can read more on the Council Bluffs Police Department Facebook page if you want:

https://www.facebook.com/CouncilBluffsPD/

Edit to add: Maybe we can kneel on their necks. <GRIN>

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Today at the work cabin I got the last part of the exterior wall from where I added the porch to the house insulated and plywood on it. Tomorrow I plan to cut my new archway into the main part of the cabin from the added room and delete the old front door.

Got home from the work cabin today. Over the last couple of days I got done what I wanted to get done.
1- cut the hole for the new counter top to split the wall and give access to the main part of the cabin.
2- removed existing door that used to be the front door before I added the porch to the cabin floor plan.
The 2 big brown poles are temporary supports so the roof doesn't fall in before I get back up there with a support beam.

Attachments

• IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg