• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

An Excellent movie!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Watched the movie "The Highwaymen" on Netflix. All about the two ex Texas Rangers that took down Bonnie & Clyde.

Lots of great old guns in the movie. The scene where Kevin Costner goes into a gun store in Texas to arm up is priceless. Highly recommended. 5 Stars!!

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My son came up to me last night and asked if I watched it. I told him I hadn't yet had a chance. He too said it's definitely worth watching. Now if I could just get 2 hours off to do so.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought it was Ok, the actors carried it to better than average!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Two things about the movie anyone else pick up?

1. Kevin Costner's character purchased a Colt Monitor BAR at the gun store. Colt did not ever sell Monitors to the public. They only made 120 or so of them with 100 going directly to the FBI and 20 or so to Argentina in a different caliber then 30.06. The last one I ever heard going on sale sold for 90 grand about 10 years ago.

2. More glaring mistake was the two shotgun shells laying on the road after Bonnie & Clyde shot the two police officers that were on motorcycles. The spent shells were plastic. That was a dumb mistake by whoever they hired to maintain authenticity of the firearms.

For me, it has been a very long time i enjoyed a movie so much. 99.9% of the crap that comes out of Hollywood is nothing but horse shit garbage. Costner and Harrelson have been around a long time and did a fantastic job.