• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New addition to the family. (80's Unknown Model Raidtrac 1800?)

Neverenuffsnow

Greetings everyone, I'm new to these forums. Me and my brother are avid outdoor enthusiasts and we recently purchased an 80's Raidtrac 1800. by recently i mean got it in our shop today, so we know very little. while we're fairly experienced with snowmobiles and standard automotive repairs and parts, the condition of our snowcat is far from gas and go. so i joined this forum hoping for some good advice, maybe some links to some resources, or some new ideas to play around with. We don't know very much about it so far and in the daunting process of trying to find an operators manual or even just comparable model information as a starting point. it's gonna be a project so no rush, but any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i have a set of new sprokets fore one i also owne one the kids drove it home the engine runs good but the carb is toast. new carbs are hard to find and expensive the best conversions i have herd of are kolher conversions with the engine robbed from a john deere gator have finding one been looking for 2 years now.

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
The raidtrac 1800 engine is a 2 cylinder opposed Citroen motor , 602 cc , A citroen cv2 engine and transmission are the drivetrain, two cone clutches springloaded with belvue washers,to chain sprockets. Don

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Heres a couple pictures of my 1800 Raidtrac,and a few parts raidtracs.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg