• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McCartney to release new Beatles track

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
LONDON - Paul McCartney says it's time an experimental Beatles track saw the light of day.
McCartney says he wants to release "Carnival of Light," a 14-minute experimental track the Fab Four recorded in 1967 but never released.
The band played the recording for an audience just once, at an electronic music festival in London. It reportedly includes distorted guitar, organ sounds, gargling and shouts of "Barcelona!" and "Are you all right?" from McCartney and John Lennon.

McCartney said during a recording session at Abbey Road studios he asked the other members of the band to "just wander round all of the stuff and bang it, shout, play it. It doesn't need to make any sense."
"I like it because it's The Beatles free, going off piste," he told the BBC in a radio interview to be broadcast Thursday. Extracts of the interview were published Sunday in The Observer newspaper.

McCartney said he still had a master tape of the piece and "the time has come for it to get its moment."
McCartney, usually regarded as the most melodically minded Beatle, told the BBC he had a long-standing interest in avant-garde music. He said "Carnival of Light" was inspired by experimental composers John Cage and Karlheinz Stockhausen.
He said he had wanted to include the track on the Beatles' "Anthology" compilation, but was vetoed by his bandmates.
McCartney would need permission from Ringo Starr and the widows of Lennon and George Harrison to release the track.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27754105/

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
He said he had wanted to include the track on the Beatles' "Anthology" compilation, but was vetoed by his bandmates.

McCartney would need permission from Ringo Starr and the widows of Lennon and George Harrison to release the track.
I'm thinking Yoko might agree to it, Harrison's widow, perhaps not.
Wow Sushi, great find!
Huge Beatle fan here..:smile::thumb:
Can't wait to hear this one, if we ever get the chance.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I wonder why he feels it is time to release it. Should be pretty interesting thats for sure!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder why he feels it is time to release it. Should be pretty interesting thats for sure!
Well it's certainly not because he needs the $$$ or recognition.
In any case, I cannot wait to hear it.. it better have a Hey Jude, or Revolution ring to it.
Of course we're talking a '67 track here, so it'll probably be something a little more tame.

Up until '66, the songs tended to be more mellow, after that, the guys changed gears a little.. oh boy did they ever lol

Last edited:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Well it's certainly not because he needs the $$$ or recognition.
In any case, I cannot wait to hear it.. it better have a Hey Jude, or Revolution ring to it.
Of course we're talking a '67 track here, so it'll probably be something a little more tame.

Up until '66, the songs tended to be more mellow, after that, the guys changed gears a little.. oh boy did they ever lol

Yup. They found acid I think. :biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup. They found acid I think. :biggrin:
Ya think?
After they hooked up with the Maharishi, things were never quite the same.
Personally, I love just about every song they've ever recorded.
The White Album was a little strange, but I still adore my copies of the red and blue albums, Abbey Road and other albums and CDs from each of the guys when they struck out on their own.
John Lennon has always been my favourite Beatle.. :D