• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Democrats 'planted' New Jersey Tea Party candidate on the ballot

SShepherd

See you guys have not changed a bit. Still handle any sort of diversity of thought the same way, least you have the perfect smilie for it.
:clubem:
diversity is fine..it makes the world go around. What doesn't change are simple truths:hammer:

mak2

I too find it odd...

The tea party is comprised of disgruntled DEMOCRATS and REPUBLICANS,why the deragatory name?

fustyruk, do you know what the tea party even believes in/their reason for being disgruntled?

Hey, maybe DeStenfano is one of them there disgruntaled type democrats.

SShepherd

good greif mak, the topic of this thread is about him being disingenuous posing as a teaparty member (according to another democrate) in order to skew the election .

if the shoe was on the other hoof, I'm sure you would have alot to say about it, and not be simply dismissive

SShepherd

From MSNBC;

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39598677

"..The Democratic operatives told the Courier-Post that Mackler and Camden County Democratic consultant Steve Ayscue told a group of South Jersey Young Democrats that they wanted a third-party candidate to siphon 5 percent of Runyan's votes and that they asked for volunteers to gather signatures on a candidate petition."

mak2

The last I heard the Tea Party wasnt a party, but a decenteralized grass roots movement. Really, since there are democrats and republicans and every facet of American Society included in the movement, why cant this guy run as a tea party candidate?

Of course I dont beleive a word of that. It is probably true he is just a plant, I just find it amusing that the tea party aint a party, you dont have to be a member, low taxes, and on and on, but if the wrong guy joins up who ever is not really in charge is all over it. It is just funny, that is all.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
why cant this guy run as a tea party candidate?
I believe he can call himself anything he wants.

I also believe it might be fraud for him to have his campaign website run from inside the campaign office of the Democrat in the same race.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The last I heard the Tea Party wasnt a party, but a decenteralized grass roots movement. Really, since there are democrats and republicans and every facet of American Society included in the movement, why cant this guy run as a tea party candidate?

Of course I dont beleive a word of that. It is probably true he is just a plant, I just find it amusing that the tea party aint a party, you dont have to be a member, low taxes, and on and on, but if the wrong guy joins up who ever is not really in charge is all over it. It is just funny, that is all.
I think all parties started as "grass roots decentralized movement", including the Revolutionary war, the Boston Tea Party, and the current Democrats and Republicans. Nothing wrong with that. The issue is that the tactics are wrong, probably legal but wrong. What we need in Washington is less liars and people that will resort to any tactics to gain power. If this guy wins on his own beliefs, so be it. If another candidate funds him to dilute the vote, I don't like either of them.
Personally, I am in favor of less government, less taxes, less government intrusion in my life.
The fact that the tea party is not a party is the whole point. Neither of those in power are any longer representing the people.