• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

911 at ATM will call police

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
FYI-
If you are ever forced to withdraw monies from an ATM machine, you can notify the police by entering your Pin # and 911. The machine will still give you the monies you requested, but unknown to the robber, etc, the police will be immediately dispatched to help you.

The broadcast stated
that this method of calling the police is very seldom used because people don't know it exists, and it might mean the difference between life and death.

Hopefully, none of you will have to use this, but I wanted to pass it along

just in case you hadn't heard of it.
Please pass it along to everyone possible.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It's also going around that if you enter your PIN backwards that will notify the police too............NOT

Same wording, just someone decided to change it around a bit.
FYI-

If you are ever forced to withdraw monies from an ATM machine, you can notify the police by entering your Pin # in reverse. The machine will still give you the monies you requested, but unknown to the robber, etc, the police will be immediately dispatched to help you.

The broadcast stated that this method of calling the police is very seldom used because people don't know it exists, and it might mean the difference between life and death.

Hopefully, none of you will have to use this, but I wanted to pass it along

just in case you hadn't heard of it.

An Illinois Attorney patented a process where banks would issue two PIN numbers, one strictly for emergencies, but no financial institutions have bought into the idea.

loboloco

Interesting side note, maybe a hijack, sorry if it is. I was just doing some cabling in a high security area that used fingerprint scanners. they read the left finger for normal entry and the right finger for duress. You get in and a silent alarm goes off.

Back on topic - ATM cards are on their way out.

http://www.popsci.com/technology/ar...t-biometric-fingerprint-scanning-atm-machines

we had something similar to that on some of our secure gear. Left thumb activate, right thumb, lock up.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I find that this, or one similar to it, is the best deterrent from an ATM holdup. Keep in your hand at the drive-up and always be aware of your surroundings.

111SSP.jpg