• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

NEW TIRES FOR AKTIV SNOW TRAC & SNOW MASTER

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
So far, the tires I purchased have worked out fine. At least they are the correct size. Unfortunately I received 4 ply instead of the 6 ply I wanted. Evidently the ordering person was not paying attention. I could probably cause a stink but I can't afford to ship the 4 plys back. I ended up being $75 per box or thereabouts.
Guess thats the price you pay to live in paradise.
I should have it up and running this weekend. I'll keep FF posted on the performance.
BTW, I have a few spares left over...

Here is what Thor had to tell me about the tires:

Sorry, not available.
Thor

----- Original Message -----​
To: "Thor Sveinsvoll"​
Subject: Re: Aktiv snow trac tires​
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:06:05 -0800​

Can you get the 522 tread pattern in the 4.00-4 6 ply?
Can you get the 600 x 100 in a different tread pattern or ply thickness?
Kevin
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 1:29 PM​
Subject: Re: Aktiv snow trac tires​

600 X 100 is no longer produced. We can get the 4.00-4 6 ply T991 by early March. Price $48.10 - P/N 1152200. The tube is in stock P/N 1171700 - price $8.50.

Thor​

Subject: Aktiv snow trac tires​
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 13:22:45 -0800​

I am looking for some tires and tubes for a Snow Trac I have. I got your email from an online forums board I belong to. People are always looking for a source for tires and wheels for these Swedish made snow vehicles. You should check it out at http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=8522 . If you can get these tires, tubes, and/or wheels we would all take some.
The small tires I am looking for are the 522 tread pattern the size on the tire is 300 x 100 (4.00-4 6 ply)
The large tires I am looking for are the 991 tread pattern (I think) the size on those tires only says 600 x 100 6 ply Implement
If you can help out I / we would love to hear from you!
Kevin J Culpepper

Does anyone think the 4 ply's would work just fine if they were foam filled in the 991 tread pattern?

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
I am currently running the 991's with just air.
Do I have faith in them? Well, they are new and many of the 'other' replacement tires used as replacements in the past have been low pressure (25 psi) 2 ply's and lasted a while.
I think they will last BUT (big but- I like big buts...) this summer I am going to pull them and have them foamed.
Just one less thing to worry about.
The other thing about the 991's is that they are stock size as in the same size as the 522's. Exactly.

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
I agree that they are the same size but drastically different profile. If they are working for you I suppose I will give them a try also. I guess the 4 ply will work fine if foam filled, I dont see the need for the 6 ply if filling. Anyone with foam out there like to comment on the 4 vs 6 ply when filling???

Anyone have a source for the large wheel and tire? I need two wheels and at least two tires. I tried Stockton wheel but didnt have any luck.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree that they are the same size but drastically different profile. If they are working for you I suppose I will give them a try also. I guess the 4 ply will work fine if foam filled, I dont see the need for the 6 ply if filling. Anyone with foam out there like to comment on the 4 vs 6 ply when filling???

Anyone have a source for the large wheel and tire? I need two wheels and at least two tires. I tried Stockton wheel but didnt have any luck.

Sofatoaster,:yum: we have found that cheating on plys even when filling does not help 6ply is 6 ply and the sidewalls are stronger filling does only make your tire not go flat. does not extend the life of them. it does, only because they are properly inflated, but if you were to keep them in good inflation they would do just fine on air.

as far as the rear we are making some new wheels and and we are gong to cast polyurethane on them and then turn the profile. but have put it on the back burner. We could turn up the flame if there was a need. :pat:

Happy New Year ...........All of course what will I be doing? road trip to get another Cat........and then next week four more........ Ha, got to love it....

KRC

I just picked up 16 X 4.5 from Alpine Guide tires which are 6 ply and will let you know how they work. They are a very stiff tire and are made for track vehicles. the extra half inch shouldn't be a problem

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Boggie, what did ya find? :weneedpic

Well, pictures will come later but ,

Here is what next week should bring to the table some we are hauling and some are coming common carrier
Bombardier BR-100
Tucker 1542 ( Common Carrier )
Thiokol 1200 ( We will haul)
2- Bombardier SV-252 1 diesel 1 gasser both with blades ( We will haul )
Tucker 543 ( We Will Haul )
Tucker 1742 Widetrack diesel ( We Will Haul )

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, pictures will come later but ,

Here is what next week should bring to the table some we are hauling and some are coming common carrier
Bombardier BR-100
Tucker 1542 ( Common Carrier )
Thiokol 1200 ( We will haul)
2- Bombardier SV-252 1 diesel 1 gasser both with blades ( We will haul )
Tucker 543 ( We Will Haul )
Tucker 1742 Widetrack diesel ( We Will Haul )

Where is that ratty old cat I told you about fall into the picture??? :yum: When it rains cats you just got to sort out the dogs...:thumb:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Where is that ratty old cat I told you about fall into the picture??? :yum: When it rains cats you just got to sort out the dogs...:thumb:

Yes , It will be coming but now he said he does not want to haul it.
I suppose you are going to make me. produce some grousers for your VMC
as a finders fee. Called Jenny and will get a quote on Monday. :) Was your new avitar a present?

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes , It will be coming but now he said he does not want to haul it.
I suppose you are going to make me. produce some grousers for your VMC
as a finders fee. Called Jenny and will get a quote on Monday. :) Was your new avitar a present?

My 12 year old grandson here in Colorado drew the pic and then his mother sent it to be made in to a sign for whatever I want to hang it on. Pretty cool Christmas present and definitely unexpected but appreciated. He drew the LMC from his memory of experiences of the past couple years of snow catting with us in Wyoming. He has also received art scholarships for his abilities in the past.
Harnish's Cat House.jpg

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Bill you got a Cat house! Hell! Why didnt you say so sooner! I would have already visited yah. How many young ho ho ho's do you have working for you?