• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I can't Stand This..........

Jen's Jeep

Site Supporter
Do any of you have a person involved in your life that you have "no choice" but to be stuck with?

example: a former family member that wont go away, because that person feels just because they were a part of the family before...they feel they should always be????

Does that make any sense?

Sorry...I need to vent:mad:

Thanks

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not quite the same thing, but we moved my sister in law into our house. While we are happy to have her here with us, the circumstances that brought her to our house are less than pleasant and due to family discord between another sibling (in-law) it appears that the unpleasantness may continue for some time before she can get her life in order again.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Jen's Jeep said:
Do any of you have a person involved in your life that you have "no choice" but to be stuck with?

example: a former family member that wont go away, because that person feels just because they were a part of the family before...they feel they should always be????

Does that make any sense?

Sorry...I need to vent:mad:

Thanks

Wer'e talking about my ex wife arn't we :confused2:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Not quite the same thing, but we moved my sister in law into our house. While we are happy to have her here with us, the circumstances that brought her to our house are less than pleasant and due to family discord between another sibling (in-law) it appears that the unpleasantness may continue for some time before she can get her life in order again.

Exactly the same situation here. She moved here in July to try to get away from a combination of sibling and their former in-law problems and it is going to take a while for her to put things back together again.

Jen, vent anytime you want. I usually don't say anything, just go outside and bang my head on the brick wall.

Jim

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I guess I am a cold person. A few have tried this with me, but it ain't happenin. My house is my house, not a bed and breakfast. I've gotten myself into piles of chit before and always dug myself out with no outside help. I expect the same of others.

My brother got me once for a few large, and continues to ask for more, as if I somehow forgot he still owes me $$$.My response - "Nope, and if this all you are calling for, don't call anymore."

I simply will not enable people to not take responsibility nor action to extricate themselves. I will give them advice, guidance and direction. It is up to them to use it or feel sorry for themselves.

But, like I said, I'm probably a cold person.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
waybomb said:
I guess I am a cold person. A few have tried this with me, but it ain't happenin. My house is my house, not a bed and breakfast. I've gotten myself into piles of chit before and always dug myself out with no outside help. I expect the same of others.

My brother got me once for a few large, and continues to ask for more, as if I somehow forgot he still owes me $$$.My response - "Nope, and if this all you are calling for, don't call anymore."

I simply will not enable people to not take responsibility nor action to extricate themselves. I will give them advice, guidance and direction. It is up to them to use it or feel sorry for themselves.

But, like I said, I'm probably a cold person.

I know exactly what you mean. It's either you act the way you describe above or you get taken advantage of.
I had the same thing happen only I didn't think to tell them if that's all your calling for don't bother calling anymore. :pat: I'll have to remember that.

It's like that saying:
Fool me once, shame on you ....Fool me twice, shame on me. (or something to that effect).

Good luck with your situation Jen. It's hard to give accurate advice without knowing all the details, but it sounds like you have to turn a cold shoulder to the person trying to take advantage of you and yours.

Jen's Jeep

Site Supporter
Doc said:
Good luck with your situation Jen. It's hard to give accurate advice without knowing all the details, but it sounds like you have to turn a cold shoulder to the person trying to take advantage of you and yours.

I have nothing to do with her.....it's others in the family. Unfortunantly, if I were to say something, it would put me in a ugly situation....possibly tearing apart the family:mad: The sad thing is....Im ready to speak up:(

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jen's Jeep said:
I have nothing to do with her.....it's others in the family. Unfortunantly, if I were to say something, it would put me in a ugly situation....possibly tearing apart the family:mad: The sad thing is....Im ready to speak up:(

My wife has been in a similar spot. If you speak up all the sudden your the bad one. Do the others talk behind this persons back, complaining about her also?

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I would work out some sort of plan in your mind of what this person could do to help themselves. Then, sit down with that person and some family members. Offer help in the form of advice. Depending how it all goes, you may want to help the person follow the advice, or, if it goes the other way, divorce yourself from the situation entirely and get on with your life.

You only have one.

Remember, you will not be rembered for what you had, you will be remembered for what you did.