• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bought a 4 post lift

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Not to be outdone by Dargo, I bought a 4 post lift this morning. I purchased a HD-9 by Bend Pak. A local internet seller was having a scratch and dent sale, and I was able to save about $700 by taking one that was returned because it was too small, or that is why they said it was returned. It comes with a full warranty and I don't care about a few scratches. I will be picking it up when I come back from vacation in 10 days. Then I will invite Dargo to come by and help install it. The one thing that I have yet to figure out is why there is such a disparity of pricing on these lifts. I found the lift costing from $2600 to $3300 and both had free shipping. If anyone is in the New England area and is interested in a lift, here is the website listing of what is available.. Mine is #20 on the list.... Junk.....

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Junk, I've been told by a reliable source that 2 post lifts are vastly superior to 4 post lifts and that X-frame cars really like 2 post lifts :hide:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Junk, I've been told by a reliable source that 2 post lifts are vastly superior to 4 post lifts and that X-frame cars really like 2 post lifts :hide:

I'd give you the finger, but my 2 post lift created a "Bob hole" in it during installation! :mad:

P.S. I don't think you could have picked a better brand. :D

Attachments

• hole.JPG
    hole.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 131

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, wait, it just dawned on me, Junk didn't get the heavier Korean made lift!! WTF?! Don't you know you bought a lighter lift?

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
B_Skurka said:

I purchased this to lift my Snow Trac that I also purchased this week. It had been sitting in a barn in NH for the past couple of decades since the original owner died in it from carbon monoxide poisoning. Good thing that they got him out before he decayed. It is really nice, and looks like it just was delivered from the manufacturer..... Junk...

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Honestly, I'm glad you posted a link to that site. I'm in the process of filing a claim with the freight company. Mine is almost identical to the "offering #1", but mine came with more scratches. :mad: But, they said they screwed up and sent the 14,000 pump and 3 hp motor with it. Since the lifts are powder coated, it would not really be feasible to do anything other than sand mine and paint it to match. Your link provides me with more ammo for what I'm asking for in damages.

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Dargo.....
How did you make out with your problems????? Do you have it installed yet???

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I got the lift all installed and all works just great. No issues at all except that I've not heard back from the shipping company from where I filed the claim for the scratching the FK out of my lift. Your website gives me ammo. If they don't respond by Friday, I'm filing a new claim and going to double my claim. Afterall, my lift is all powder coated. There is no way in hell that someone would come out, take my lift down, sand it all down, and powder coat it again for $300. That simply isn't going to happen!!

When I installed my lift, I kept all tolerances to 1/64" to make sure all was pretty damn close to being right on the money. When I read the disclaimer in the back for if I had them install it, they allowed 1/2" as an acceptable tolerance! :eek: No wonder it took me so damn long to get mine all setup! Needless to say, I shouldn't have any one side wear faster than another when I am that close.

I have no leaks, all works smooth, and I've had my car up on top of it for a month now. It picks up my 8k + pickup no problems at all and is very stable with it on top. I'm glad I spent the extra money and went with an American made lift. I've gone and measured some other guys and I would have gone nuts trying to install theirs. Their lifts were more than 1/2" off in some areas the way they were made!

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I am going in circles trying to get a few missing parts. The manufacturer has the parts, but the seller is slow in paying for them. They won't ship until they get paid. Today, I told them that I was disputing the purchase with the credit card company and that they can send a truck to pick up the lift. I also found that they shipped the wrong pump assembly and that has to also be changed. I like the quality of the lift, but I hate the performance, or lack of it on the sellers part. They have till Friday to get me all the correct parts or it goes back. The savings isn't worth the aggravation!

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
The shipped the parts 2nd day air, and UPS lost them. Spent the afternoon fighting with UPS/Atlanta because they wouldn't contact the UPS air terminal to locate the package. Finally the box arrived at 5:00 PM. Open the box and the parts are wrong. The two most important parts are wrong. Two of 4parts that are the same arrived bent, and two of the four are different lengths. The runway stops are also wrong, and two other important pieces are also missing. Called the manufacturer and told them. Said that they would get them out to me on Monday. That means that they will arrive from California on Friday, just in time for me to be going away for the weekend. The seller still hasn't located the proper pump unit, and they don't want to buy another because it is over $700. Is incompetence just the standard way of doing business today.?? I can understand the seller being incompetent, because they are a small business, but a major manufacturer of lifts also has no quality control and no competence in shipping parts. In fact, two of the items that were supposed to be the same are actually two different items also. They couldn't even make the same mistake twice. I am about ready to give up the idea of a lift.......