• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Harley Davidson Leaving Milwaukee??

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I can not find any articles on it other than this one. According to NPR today is the day the Union Votes to accept the offers or Milwaukee is less one large employer. There is no talks of moving out of the country but some other place in the United States. Seems to me it is a move to lessen union control from what I understand on NPR. Harley wants to make use of more non-union temporary staff during the busy times of the year was quoted in NPR.

Harley Davidson

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
No

55% vote to accept
45% vote to reject.

Many of the 55% are the ones currently laid off and will get $12,000 lay off bonus.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Harley moving overseas will kill it, then it will be on par with all the rice rockets on sales and followings and I don't think it can compete.

Even when AMF owned Harley and put out POS, it had a following, after they leave, that loyality is gone.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Harley moving overseas will kill it, then it will be on par with all the rice rockets on sales and followings and I don't think it can compete.

Even when AMF owned Harley and put out POS, it had a following, after they leave, that loyality is gone.

I don't think they were ever going overseas but someplace else in the United States. I am thinking more of a move to get out from the Union.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
These Harley union hacks pizz me off. Before this came up, they'd brag how they could buy one or two Harleys a year at cost, and sell them. Then they'd talk about how easy they had it. Now they are gonna bitch.

Harley should have moved anywhere where the locals would appreciate a decent job with decent benefits, which is what Harley offered.

Now, having said that, what kind of eye-off-the-ball management does Harley employ? Workers buying bikes at cost and then allowed to sell? If I were Harley's customer (a dealer), I would be livid and demand my profit for every bike sold by an employee in my area. And how does it get so bad in a factory that employees are bragging about how easy it is?

The whole lot of them should be replaced. I have no use for the management team nor the hacks.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I thought HD was employee owed after they bought it back from the overseas interest ? They have a union too ?
That's sad . Were talking a real American company here .

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i have a liking for most unions they want to put people to work and provide employers wih a skilled reliable workforce however some do get too powerful and sometimes a bit baligerent just like special intrests there need to be checks and balances all workers need a fair wage for the job done but just think for a minute if it wern't for the unions how long would it take minumum wage to catch up with skilled labor uncle sam likes to raise the min wage but no one else ever gets a raise.if it makes good buisness sence as far as taxes and materials to move i support it i'm betting to break union is not the driving force.

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So if they are employee owned then the owners voted to go on strike??
Sounds more like the owners (employees) doesn't agree how management (might be owner too) is running company.
talk about a tangled web.

tom

SShepherd

Maybe this is a good oppertunity for Michigan to give some tax breaks and get Harley to move to Detroit !!
God knows we could use it:neutral:

....and then we could call it "Motor city Iron"