• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Did Pittsburgh Really Win?? Poll

Did the officiating change the outcome of the game

• Yes it did?

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No, Pittsburgh still would have one.

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well I think we all knew it would come. The officiating stunk and now it is all over the internet. My team or the team I hoped to win did, or did they.

I know of three bad calls against the Seahawks of which one took away 7 points. I know of one that went against Pittsburgh but could have stopped Seahawks from scoring.

So the poll is

Ok I can't spell

BoneheadNW

Murph-
I was lucky to have lost power at 4 AM Sat morning and it stayed off until later last night. I did get to see the first half at the station and in my opinion the hawks were robbed of at least 1 td. From what I understand, both teams played terrible and the commercials were the highlight of the game. There should be no excuse for such crappy officiating in a superbowl game, regardless of the outcome.
Bone

Gatorboy

thcri said:
I know of three bad calls against the Seahawks of which one took away 7 points.

They did get a field goal on that drive, so they really only lost 4 points (given the extra point would have been good).

The pushoff penalty probably should not have been called, but he did in fact put his hand on the defender and extend his arm -- so technically it WAS a pushoff.

OkeeDon

I saw several bad calls. At least 2 were corrected either by consultation or by review, but they were bad calls in the first place. Most commentators agreed that the push-off was not a foul, but "just football". The call about a steeler TB breaking the plane of the goal line could have gone either way; I saw it that they did NOT score. For every bad call against the Steelers, there were 4 or 5 against the Seahawks. The Seahawks outplayed the Steelers in almost every category except trick plays.

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
I didn't see quite the 5 to 1 ratio Don did, actually both teams opened the first quarter with more penalties than I could have imagined. That said, we haven't even discussed the intangibles, so I don't even which way to vote on this poll.

The way I see it:
If you want to assume that one of more of the calls changed the "momentum" of the game; I really think Seattle would have taken advantage of the Steelers' lousy game right into the 3rd and 4th quarters and probably came out on top.

Barring that, I don't think the potential points were there to say Seattle got robbed of the win by the officiating.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
The officiating sucked so bad that I switched teams from Pitts to Seattle mid way through the game! I can't take it if "my" team wins by getting the game handed to them by bad calls.