• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I am not buying my dishes from the dollar store anymore!

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
nt

Attachments

• 43Yyn.jpg
    43Yyn.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 114

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Those are most likely plates used for decoration Tom, or like for plating candy and cookies for the holidays, not for use with hot meals?
I don't know.
Bams or JEV perhaps would know more about it.
Now you've got me checking the bottoms of my plates, and I have bought some from DG lol

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
old granddad often said" If a deal seems too good, it often is "

:yum:

My ol' granddad often used to whip my ass for no reason when I was just sittin' in the yard minding my own business and not anywhere near where my cousin fell down and got a black eye. :whistling:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
When I grew up there was a saying: "fine china from China" I have some dinner plates made in china, and they are as tough as a tank. (not the ones i posted) I guess it all depends on what the bottom says:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Mine says:

NewChinetLogo.jpg

I use those too Dave when I don't feel like doing dishes.
No wait.. a dish.. like it matters when the sink is already full of pots and pans :yum:

To demonstrate: a delish beef and pepper stir fry on a Vanity Fair dinner plate.
Something strange about that, innit? :brows:
2010-12-19 16-37-23.695.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
When I grew up there was a saying: "fine china from China" I have some dinner plates made in china, and they are as tough as a tank. (not the ones i posted) I guess it all depends on what the bottom says:yum:
I've got cheap plates, expensive plates and paper plates.
Just depends on what I happen to grab and use at the time.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, boys & girls, especially you liberals here who are always attacking conservatives because you say we want grandma to eat dog food, and that we also want all the people living under bridges and inside refrigerator boxes to be denied driving an Audi paid for with wealth redistribution funds, and all that other bullshit you spew. Here is a prime example of the hypocrisy of the very people who you claim are doing everything in their power to protect us from the evils of capitalism. These same politicians are kissing the ass (and doing other things to those lower body parts) of the fucking Chi-Coms, by allowing them to import things as mediocre as plates containing one of the liberals most hated materials on the planet...LEAD (all poor people's chiruns eat paint for dessert)! If an American company were to put lead based paint on anything being presented into the consumer market, they would be nailed to the proverbial cross, and put on public display while their business was systematically dismantled and their corporate officers were jailed for life. But not the favored Chi-Coms who are allowed to send ANYTHING into this country, because our deficit spending politicians need them to buy our useless paper while they continue to drive this country into bankruptcy. The same goes for those fucking curly-Q light bulbs with the bad color and endless warm-up time that the EPA has mandated that all American use, and which contain MERCURY, which is why no American company can make them here, because mercury is prohibited in consumer products manufactured in the USA, but it's OK for the fucking EPA to authorize the Chi-Coms to import that shit here and force us to buy the devices whose contents can kill you. Go figure.

Thanks for listening. I'm signing up for an assertiveness training class so I'm can learn to express my opinions.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing wrong with having strong feelings about anything JEV. :thumb: I didn't know mercury was a forbidden element. Doesn't the light switches we all use.. have a drop of that in them? As a kid.. I tore a few appart and saved a glob of it in a jar and played with it in the table and stuff. (maybe thats why my brain is challened) :yum::yum::yum:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Nothing wrong with having strong feelings about anything JEV. :thumb: I didn't know mercury was a forbidden element. Doesn't the light switches we all use.. have a drop of that in them? As a kid.. I tore a few appart and saved a glob of it in a jar and played with it in the table and stuff. (maybe thats why my brain is challened) :yum::yum::yum:
It's been decades since you could make mercury switches and thermostats. I'm calling the mercury police and EPA to declare your house a Superfund Site because you have toxic substances that could cause cancer in lab rats if they ate 42# of it every day for 17 years. FWIW, that's called "good science.":yum::yum:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
:yum::yum:

because the alpo goes through her like dirt through a worm
You also have a gift for expressing yourself.:yum::yum::yum: Dirt through a worm is kinda like shit through a tin horn. There are so many good analogies we can use.

loboloco

Ex-lax through a goose comes to mind.
How the H*** did we go from plates to insulting Grandma's bowel movements?

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, boys & girls, especially you liberals here who are always attacking conservatives because you say we want grandma to eat dog food, and that we also want all the people living under bridges and inside refrigerator boxes to be denied driving an Audi paid for with wealth redistribution funds, and all that other bullshit you spew. Here is a prime example of the hypocrisy of the very people who you claim are doing everything in their power to protect us from the evils of capitalism. These same politicians are kissing the ass (and doing other things to those lower body parts) of the fucking Chi-Coms, by allowing them to import things as mediocre as plates containing one of the liberals most hated materials on the planet...LEAD (all poor people's chiruns eat paint for dessert)! If an American company were to put lead based paint on anything being presented into the consumer market, they would be nailed to the proverbial cross, and put on public display while their business was systematically dismantled and their corporate officers were jailed for life. But not the favored Chi-Coms who are allowed to send ANYTHING into this country, because our deficit spending politicians need them to buy our useless paper while they continue to drive this country into bankruptcy. The same goes for those fucking curly-Q light bulbs with the bad color and endless warm-up time that the EPA has mandated that all American use, and which contain MERCURY, which is why no American company can make them here, because mercury is prohibited in consumer products manufactured in the USA, but it's OK for the fucking EPA to authorize the Chi-Coms to import that shit here and force us to buy the devices whose contents can kill you. Go figure.

Thanks for listening. I'm signing up for an assertiveness training class so I'm can learn to express my opinions.

Great post.

Let me know when the class is scheduled. I'd like to join you.

Bob