• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

$100 for a roll up door ???

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I got a chance to pick up 2 roll up doors for my new shop in Idaho for $200 . They are used but in good shape . Is this a good deal :confused2: . Sure seems like it to me . One door is 16 x 12 and the other is 10 x 12

Eric L

Site Supporter
Sounds like a good deal to me. I dont know what they cost new, but I bet it's a whole lot more than that.

Eric

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's a good deal...

You didn't provide details (mfgr and such) but new ones in the size you mentioned are close to $1000 each.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Well Al, I just paid $1200 for a new, un-insulated 16w x 14h roll up for the new building.

Darn thing is too big for me to install myself, so now I am getting quotes to have it installed.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks guys for the input :cool2: . It has been upteen years since I bought a roll up door , but it sounded like a good deal to me too . If I can get the lady to hold on for a few days until I can get my back feeling better ,I think I'll go for it . It is about 1 hour ride to where it is and the old back will never make it that far .

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sure sounds like a good deal to me. :thumb:
I could use a 10x12 rollup. If they have extras be sure to let us know. At that price I could afford to pay for shipping.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I knew it was to good to be true . I get all the way down there and the doors are only 9 feet hall .In the meantime the price had jumped to $600 since I had left the house .
I sure wish people knew what they had before before I drove 45 miles to find out :mad:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm looking at an estimate to replace the 16' X 12' insulated overhead door on the front of my barn. With labor ($250) it's about $2400. Some frickin' moron mistook my barn for a large bird a week or so ago and blasted it with a shotgun. The worse part is that it wasn't a bird, but a deer the idiot was trying to shoot, and the deer was in my front yard! :mad:

At least with the police report and all, my insurance company (State Farm) didn't give me any trouble at all. I just turned in the two estimates and police report on Wednesday and already received a check in the mail today.

So, based on my recent experience on the price of overhead doors, it sounds like you have a heck of a bargain if they even look remotely decent.