• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

A Banner Day

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Besides getting my FF T-shirt today, I also was at my local CNH dealer.

I had noticed on TOMLESCO's TC40D, these tie down rings they use to ship the machines, and thought they'd work well for tow rings/tiedowns on my machine. The dealer gave them to me free as they just trash them when they prep new machines. I only got two, because that's all they had today, but he said he'd throw them in a box for me as they get new machines in. Sure can't beat that!
1st photo, the rings. 2nd photo, where they are to be mounted.

I'll just bet other makes/models do the same thing, checkout your dealer, I think it was well worthwhile.:tiphat::beer:

Attachments

• Pic511 (Small).JPG
    Pic511 (Small).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Pic512 (Small).JPG
    Pic512 (Small).JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 45

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It's amazing that these things are just tossed. Look pretty useful to me. I'd like to have a few for some welding projects.

What's a CNH Dealer? Case New Holland?

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
It's amazing that these things are just tossed. Look pretty useful to me. I'd like to have a few for some welding projects.

PB, yes, that's Case/NewHolland. If they can't help you out, let me know. As soon as I get somemore, I'll send ya some if you've no luck.:tiphat::beer:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
PBinWA said:

You got it.

Those do look pretty useful.

BoneheadNW

John, could you take a pic from further away to see where exactly you are planning on mounting the tie downs? Thanks,
Bone

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
BoneheadNW said:
John, could you take a pic from further away to see where exactly you are planning on mounting the tie downs? Thanks,
Bone

Jay; Not a problem, but it'll have to wait for morning.:tiphat::beer:

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Jay; As promised. I'll try to use the bottom 2 bolts where the grille gaurd bolts to the frame. If not, I'll cut off the square end of the tiedowns, and weld them on. Too bloody cold and damp to do much outside so far today.:tiphat::drink:

Attachments

• Pic516 (Small).JPG
    Pic516 (Small).JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 32

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Found a dry spot by the tractor, so tried a dry run with the towrings/tiedowns. This is how they will be mounted. I have to go to a longer length bolt, and increasing the size to 1/2" Gr8. For now, the bolts look like 7/16", but the hole will take a 1/2".

Jay, now you should know by now that dirt don't stick to blue!! Really though, with the rain we've had, the tractor got clean naturally.:thumb:

Attachments

• Pic517 (Small).JPG
    Pic517 (Small).JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 25

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
John,

Do you think those are strong enough and will be OK with an outward (toward the tire) pull?
The look fantastic for pulling/connecting from the front but I wonder if they'll bend or snap if pulled from the side (like if tied down on a trailer).

TOMLESCOEQUIP

Just Plinkin Away the $$
Brian.....I chain mine down using them every time I trailer the TC40 & haven't had a problem in 3 years. It was tied down using the rings when it came off the truck from NH origionally.

johnday

The Crazy Scot, #3
SUPER Site Supporter
Brian; When the tractors are shipped, these rings are mounted for the most part, where the midmount supports for the FEL are bolted. They're in the same orientation as how I'm going to mount them on the front of the frame, thru the grille gaurd mount. Knowing what I do about semitrailers, and how the machines would be tied down, they must have a pretty heavy sideload on the tiedowns, along with a straight pull. The way they would loaded like I'm doing, they would have the same type loads on them, a lesser sideload than when shipped, and a straight pull? [Don't have a better term for it]. So,,,,Ya got me thinking again on this.
Where's them there injunears when ya need 'em?:confused:

Hey, if I'm wrong, someone SPEAK up! I don't need a couple tons of tractor passing me on the road!!:tiphat: