• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

van on tracks

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
That is one of the old Yellowstone National Park vans.

Having snowmobiled in the park a few times, that doesn't give me any confidence in the van's snow capabilities.

Unless things have changed since I was there, the snowmobile "trails" in the park are basically the paved roads cars drive on in the summer. In the winter they get a huge amount of snowmobile traffic and are heavily groomed. So that means they are very well packed.

The capabilities necessary to operate on densely packed snow are far, far less than required for "steep and deep" conditions.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes they've switched to Fat Tire vans. The roads are the trails in the winter and are packed extremely hard. Last I saw they were groomed with 4 Wheel Drive ag tractors.