• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Don't pet the animals

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
I love the PONS Theory! We need to stop protecting these people and let more dumb people do what they want to do.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree, let the idiots be eaten.

I was backpacking the Apalacion (SP?) Trail about 20 years ago and there are places where the trail crosses the road. At one of those places a car was stopped and a woman was standing almost toe to toe with a medium size black bear. She had her arm outstretched toward the bear and she held a stick of gum in her hand.

I didn't stick around to see the result.

But either that night or the next night my tent was destroyed by a black bear while I was in it (laying very very still). My backpack (full of food & gear) was suspended by a rope about 12' off the ground and hanging from a tree about 30' away, there were scratch marks about 8' up the side of the tree where the bear was trying to get my supplies.

My heart goes out to the insurance companies who insure stupid people.

JimR

Charter Member
What's that saying? "Stupid is as stupid does"
I agree about stupid people, let them be eaten. People like that shouldn't procreate either. Their kids will be even stupider.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
JimR said:
What's that saying? "Stupid is as stupid does"
I agree about stupid people, let them be eaten. People like that shouldn't procreate either. Their kids will be even stupider.

I've always held on to the theory that the quantity of intelligence on the planet is a constant. To calculate the average intelligence of a human, you simply have to divide the quantity of intelligence by the population of the planet.

Therefore, if we allow these people to eliminate themselves from the equation, then the rest of us will get proportionally more intelligent.

This is really simple to understand when you consider that when God created the earth, he was the only person in existence, and therefore contained all the intelligence.....hence he was able to create the universe. As soon as he created Adam, his intelligence was cut in half, and then reduced to a third when he created Eve.

Therefore, it is my personal plan to become the only person still alive in the end, and become omnipotent myself. :eek:

:thankyou2:bsflag2:

JayC

Huh?
When I was reading that article I thought of the show (I think it was on Animal Planet) where this zoologist went into the safari and stayed near lions. I forget his name and never saw the show. It was on maybe a couple weeks ago with a few reruns. Did anyone catch it?

DaveNay said:
I am now counting the minutes until Danny chimes in here. :whistle:

lol! I guess I should have worded that better. Don't get me wrong, I love cats. We got some pretty nutty ones here. I like big cats, too. I'm just amazed at stupid people. Have any of you ever been to the Darwin Awards site? One of my favorite stories is about Mr. Happy's Vacuum. :whistle::D:yum:

http://www.darwinawards.com/

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
A friend recently drove his beamer bike to Alaska. He took a video of an oriental couple walking into the woods to within about 10 feet of a huge black bear to get pictures! The bear took off. Unbelievable. My bud was hoping for some real gory video on that one. I would not have believed it had I not seen the video. There are more horse's asses than horses for sure.

JimR

Charter Member
There's a restaurant up in North Conway that has buffets everynight. After hours they throw the turkey, chicken and ham carcasses out in the dumpster. This is a great spot to see momma bear come to eat. One night we are there for dinner and to see the bear. Sure enough right after dark momma comes out to get her fill. This stupid woman from N.J. puts her high beams on, hops out of her mini van and runs over to the dumpster with her video camera. We thought for sure she was going to be a gonner. She lucked out. The bear went over the side and into the woods with a turkey carcass hanging out of her mouth. Talk about "STUPID". Darwin award nominee for sure.

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes, I caught the show, that guy is fried in the head. NO WAY would I do what he does. (remember folks, the animals I work with were at one time, or may still be USED to human contact) We do not encourage or contact them uneeded at the shelter, NEVER.

Hey I can not wait to get to go in with my cougar friend, and I have petted a lion, tiger, cougar, but thru a fence that neither of us could get thru.

JimR

Charter Member
Ok, You guys will love this shot. I forgot all about these pictures. This is at an animal rescue place in Florida where my cousin used to work. This is a Florida born tiger born in captivity. No, I didn't stick my head in its mouth. But she did think my finger was a nipple when I was playing with her. I think she was 6 weeks old. The last picture is of a 3 month old tame tiger.

Attachments

• DSC01222.JPG
    DSC01222.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC01229.JPG
    DSC01229.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC01211.JPG
    DSC01211.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 91

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
while this tiger may have been born in captivity, it is not tame. at 2 years old, that tiger may and can attack and kill.

what rescue center in FL?

JimR

Charter Member
The place is just south of Hollywood near Pembrok Pines. I don't remember the name of the place. It is a house that has been converted to a shelter. They have also converted the garage and have a penned in area in the back with larger animals in it. I don't beleive they accept visitors there either. But if you know someone , no problem. The peole there did take the smaller cats out for walks. I believe most have been declawed as they can never return to the wild. The 3 month old was a big baby. We got to pat that one when they took it out for a walk. I agree with you about these animals. I know raccoons are the same way. They turn nasty at age 2. Here's a Florida Panther and a lion and a Lynx from that same place.

Attachments

• DSC01218.JPG
    DSC01218.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC01212.JPG
    DSC01212.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC01214.JPG
    DSC01214.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 86

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I do hope that he has bigger facilities than what are pictured here. That cougar (fl panther) needs about an acre just to stretch, and the lion.........much more. It is a shame that these animals are declawed, they can not be returned to the wild, nor put with others

JimR

Charter Member
These animals were all raised in captivity. They can never be returned to the wild. I believe they declawed them for safety reasons for the handlers. All the animals except for that big lion get taken out for excersize. That big lion is a mean beast. You couldn't even go near the cage without that her trying to attack you. That lion is old and was very sick if I recall correctly. They also had another facility at the owners house that was much larger. I believe they kept full grown lions over there. What really impressed me was the young people that took care of all these animals. They had no fear of them and the animals showed no signs of any type of being harmful creatures. We got to pat and hold them. To me that was really pretty amazing. The Lynx was raised as a kit in someone's home. They gave it up when it got full size.