• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Adopt an Australian Shepherd!

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
We adopted two dogs last fall. One, is a German Shepherd. The other is a German Shepherd mix. One came from a rescue group, the other from the pound. Last summer, I had to put down my 17 year old Aussie Shepherd. I got her from the pound when she was 9 months old. She was an AWESOME dog. These two were about a year old when we got them. They have been good so far, but Sheba, she was an awesome dog. We lost our Golden to cancer last Spring. I got her pure bred; was a really good dog too. We did look at the Golden rescues locally before we got these two dogs.

I would definitely look to rescue groups and the pound. Our dogs have been great, and it saved them from what could have been their end. It is acutally really sad how many dogs there are in pounds, shelters etc...

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Every dog we've ever had has come from the pound. They've all been lab mixes. We've got 2 at the moment, 10 years old and 8 years old. We had to have another 10 year old put down just a few weeks ago. Lord, that was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. We thought that we'd get another puppy to take her place but after all the pain and anguish, I don't know if I could go through that again. Maybe when the pain dulls a little we'll start looking again although Aussie Shepherds might be a too energetic for us at our time of life.