• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Loggah Power

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
mr Loggah, you being so well versed on so many things that run on gasoline and such, wondering what you might now about the Ersted Motor universal power unit, built in Portland, Oregon, they used a model T engine to make the stand alone power unit, and that is about all i know, so, what say you, Loggah :smile:

Attachments

• 20180320_085205.jpg
    20180320_085205.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 228
  • 20180320_085243.jpg
    20180320_085243.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 235
  • 20180320_085502.jpg
    20180320_085502.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 233
  • 20180320_085226.jpg
    20180320_085226.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 234

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
I have seen stand alone model "T" powerunits,but not one made by that co !!! must be a left coast only unit !!:wink: I do like the distributer setup on it compared to the old Buzz coils.It appears to have a built in governor under the distributer, I will ask around to a couple of the "T" nuts around and see if anyone knows about them. Do you have a use for it? or know what it was used on? nice unit another great piece of history. Don

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I have seen stand alone model "T" powerunits,but not one made by that co !!! must be a left coast only unit !!:wink: I do like the distributer setup on it compared to the old Buzz coils.It appears to have a built in governor under the distributer, I will ask around to a couple of the "T" nuts around and see if anyone knows about them. Do you have a use for it? or know what it was used on? nice unit another great piece of history. Don

thanks, what is interesting to me, that it was built about 1929, that is 2years after the end of production of the Model T. I do not know who and or what it was ever used for, other than the company the built it, is still in business, ESCO/Hyster. Yes, it is a interesting part of history, does have an original ID tag on it, No 532. and runs well. yes, anything beats the buzzer coils.

I have no plans for it, of the 2 or 3 that I have been told about, all, are east of the Mississippi River.

Last edited:

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
My guess is they bought up a bunch of left over ford "T" engines cheap, if the company was the forerunner of hyster/easco i would think they would be used in a smaller hoisting,donkey engine application. Don