• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker at Cranmore

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
On display at the Hannes Schneider Meister Cup Race benefiting the New England Ski Museum. Got to burn a few laps after the mountain closed too. They are interested in having more Vintage machines next year. Will let you know if I hear more about that.

Attachments

• IMG_4530.jpg
    IMG_4530.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_4546.jpg
    IMG_4546.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_4543.JPG
    IMG_4543.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 262

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
again, more, far more smiles come from owning a Tucker Sno-Cat than any other machine

did you get to keep the banner???

great photo !!!

Last edited:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Nice.

Cranmore is where I started grooming in 1980 except that it didn't snow so we made snow. Had some 100 hour weeks. About the time we'd get the mountain covered, it would rain and we'd start again.

Had a Skidozer to move and access the snow guns pretty much like the one I have now.

Was this yesterday the 11th? We were at the Pinkham Notch visitor center picking up the Tucker and it was OMG cold with lots of wind. Looks like it was nicer there.

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
again, more, far more smiles come from owning a Tucker Sno-Cat than any other machine

great photo !!!

I wish. The woman in the picture, who I happen to have gone to high school with, works for Tuckerman Brewing. She took the banner with her but I did get a couple of free beers!

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice.

Cranmore is where I started grooming in 1980 except that it didn't snow so we made snow. Had some 100 hour weeks. About the time we'd get the mountain covered, it would rain and we'd start again.

Had a Skidozer to move and access the snow guns pretty much like the one I have now.

According to the folks from the New England Ski Museum, Cranmore was the first ski area in the US to use mechanized grooming. Not sure if that's right or not but does seem possible. So you've got some good history there having groomed for them!

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
You get a ride in the new eco groomer ?

No I didn't get a ride in it but that is a beast of a machine. I was parked up on a podium kind of thing about 4' high. There was a ramp in the back but it was at 90 degrees to how I was parked. Backing off was going to be hairy. So they said no problem and built a ramp with the green machine so I could drive straight off. Took about 3 passes even though it was below zero and solid ice.

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter
Was this yesterday the 11th? We were at the Pinkham Notch visitor center picking up the Tucker and it was OMG cold with lots of wind. Looks like it was nicer there.

Nope, not much nicer. Coldest day of the year as far as I can tell. Crazy wind too. We skied two runs and that was it. Frozen. They never opened the lifts to the top. I heard Wildcat didn't open at all. Miserable weather for sure!

Tucker Someday

GOLD Site Supporter

great photo !!!

You are right about the smiles Ms. Princess. Just looking through more pics from the weekend and came across these youngins bearing their pearly whites. Mom may not be convinced yet, but they are :).

Attachments

• IMG_6915.jpg
    IMG_6915.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 187

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have passes to burn at Waterville and had planned to go Saturday. Bailed out on that early on and glad we did! Other friends have a condo up there and said it was a two run day there as well with the wind shooting thru the valley. Just brutal. Hopefully tomorrows storm pushes up far enough to give a little longer spring ski season.