• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

snow cat radios

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
when I am done i'll have 2 ,70 meters ,220, gmrs/frs and cb. I should be able to transmit on all. I also have a large surplus kenwood tk7 90h that the sheriff wants me to have that is programed with their frequencies.
my cab roof is starting to look like an antenna farm.
oh,one more . I have a stero am fm . but that may be removed.

I should be able to talk to any other cats on our meets.
marine ban is covered with my handheld.
jim

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
when I am done i'll have 2 ,70 meters ,220, gmrs/frs and cb. I should be able to transmit on all. I also have a large surplus kenwood tk7 90h that the sheriff wants me to have that is programed with their frequencies.

jim
Jim you need a mobile Irlp node that way I could listen in on the action from up here

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
yea,my first year I just hauled food and diesel for a LMC 1800. Not must fun just running back a forth. The LMC lost electrics.

the two snowmobilers were got out at 1pm after spending one night freezing in a snow cave during a bad snow blizzard. it took a pb200 groomer to plow through the drifts and steep mountain hills to get to them.
sheriff may not approve of what your asking.

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter

jim

I have a tin can with 500' of kite string and two indian drums for if the string goes down I can climb to the top of the ridge and start pounding.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
just finished the install today.
i'll have to bring my marine vhf handheld to talk to you. I know you use one.

Not sure if I remember any drum signals. maybe we could use the lights?
Now to get the snow to stop melting.
jim

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Too bad the EPA now forbids native American smoke signals.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
yesterday
I think/hope we finished putting in donated kenwood 100watt radios in snow equipment . 3 cats,2 pickups,2 plows. the last one was 50 mile away.
this is for the snowmobile snow clubs contracted groomers for emergency use.