• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obama's Gas Prices . . .

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure about you other folks, but here in the NW Indiana/Chicago area we are getting killed by the gas prices. The EPA has this region as one targeted for special boutique fuel mixture so we pay some extra special high prices.

This morning I saw $4.29 for Regular and $3.99 for Diesel in Cook County, ILLINOIS . . . a few minutes later I crossed the state line and I saw $4.19 for Regular and $4.09 for Diesel in Lake County, INDIANA

Up in Chicago the prices are running near or above $5 per gallon :wow:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/03/highest-gas-price-recorded-for-march/
Mar 19, 2012 5:09pm
Highest Gas Price Recorded in March

The average price of a gallon of regular is now $3.87, the highest recorded price in March. The average price is up nearly 4 cents from a week ago, and over 30 cents from a year ago, according to the Department of Energy, as more drivers face gas prices of $4 a gallon or more across the country.
Last week, the average gas price was $3.83 a gallon, the previous record according to data going back to 1990.

The West Coast was once again the most expensive region with an average gas price of $4.23, up almost 2 cents from last week, with an increase of over 37 cents from a year ago.

The least expensive was the Rocky Mountain region with $3.62 a gallon. That region had the highest increase from last week, 14 cents, while the average price there climbed almost 24 cents from a year ago.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Help is on the way!

Scroll down to the comments section and read the comment posted by BigRedGrampa. I couldn't have said it better meself. :smile:

BTW, Mel don't you think your region was the one targeted by the EPA as the Obama Administration as your region is blue and most likely will stay that way. Would have been interesting if the EPA pulled that crap in OK, the reddest state in the union. Or AZ. :w00t2:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
BTW, Mel don't you think your region was the one targeted by the EPA as the Obama Administration as your region is blue and most likely will stay that way. Would have been interesting if the EPA pulled that crap in OK, the reddest state in the union. Or AZ. :w00t2:
The EPA targeted us as soon as they made their boutique fuel standards. There are about a dozen (forget the exact number) of metro areas that get specially blended fuels in the summer months. I'm just lucky enough to live near one of them. :neutral: But these standards have been in place for DECADES.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
The EPA targeted us as soon as they made their boutique fuel standards. There are about a dozen (forget the exact number) of metro areas that get specially blended fuels in the summer months. I'm just lucky enough to live near one of them. :neutral: But these standards have been in place for DECADES.

Damn, you get diesel for under $4 a gallon?!! :eek: Number 2 off-road diesel is $4.39 a gallon here; $4.29 at the pump (with road taxes included). :mad: WTF is wrong with that picture??? Regular motion lotion 87 octane is $3.99 a gallon.

We used to always be below the national average here in fly over country. Now we are always higher WTF?! I'm putting a new set of tennis balls on my walker and going to hit the highway!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Brent, since you live near the state line cross over and check the ILLINOIS price for diesel. It seems to be lower than the INDIANA price. GASOLINE prices are higher in IL but DIESEL prices are lower.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

I live over 200 miles from an American city larger than 35,000 people (Boston) so I am not up on those metro areas. News to me. I try to say away from the big cities. I guess I am comfortable where I am. Right now we are at $3.84 for regular and that is bad enough. :hammer:

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Part of the problem:

gasoline%2Bretail%2Bprices.png

Gasoline%2BTaxes%2Bby%2BState.png

diesel%2Btaxes%2Bby%2Bstate.png

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/

and remember-
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzEnKdBAb_o&feature=player_embedded"]FLASHBACK: Fox News On Gas Prices In 2008 - YouTube[/ame]

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
remember the demms want the average person walking or riding a buss this is the back door way of forcing us all to do itthe right is a bit carried away with this abortion issue the demms are just as wraped around the axle with their enviromental lobby i personaly think there are issues in this election more important than right to life and global warming

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
i personaly think there are issues in this election more important than right to life and global warming

Of course. The debt is our biggest problem right now. We are quite literally pissing away our children's and grand children's future with all this red ink.

Bush made it bad and Barry has made it worse. A lot worse. We are drowning in red ink and there will be no one to throw us a life preserver like they did with Greece.

Last edited by a moderator:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Speedway in Dyer had Regular for $4.29 and Diesel for $3.99. Literally a couple miles away, both of the Speedway stations in Schererville had Regular for $4.29 and Diesel for $4.29.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you really think anyone that rides in a limo gives a shit about gas prices, give me a fuckin break!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you really think anyone that rides in a limo gives a shit about gas prices, give me a fuckin break!

YES, because if those people in power can get the prices high enough through artificial means (constraining production and supply through regulation) then they can push their various social/political agenda which make little to no economic sense.

High speed rail => Makes no sense if gas is cheap and people drive
Commuter rail => Makes no sense if gas is cheap and people drive
Wind Turbines => make no sense if natural gas is cheap/available (pipelines needed)
PV Sola panels => make no sense if natural gas is cheap/available

Obama and his pet energy/enviro czars actually NEED high fuel costs to make their projects look reasonable.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
YES, because if those people in power can get the prices high enough through artificial means (constraining production and supply through regulation) then they can push their various social/political agenda which make little to no economic sense.

High speed rail => Makes no sense if gas is cheap and people drive
Commuter rail => Makes no sense if gas is cheap and people drive
Wind Turbines => make no sense if natural gas is cheap/available (pipelines needed)
PV Sola panels => make no sense if natural gas is cheap/available

Obama and his pet energy/enviro czars actually NEED high fuel costs to make their projects look reasonable.
I agree 100%, but I am beggining to wonder who "those people in power" really are. :unsure:

IMHO, Obama nor any of his "czars/puppets" are even smart enough to come up with their own agendas. I suspect Soros is one of the puppet masters pulling the strings, but I think it goes much higher and scarier then him. :neutral:

I do beleive there is a major agenda behind all things done by this administration, but I am afraid we dont even have a clue of just how serious and devastating to the US and other countrys it really will end up being. I'm also afraid its allready to late to stop it, and there is no turning back. :sad:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
It's all a tricky maneuver by the oil based Republicans who are inflating the prices to make Obama look bad and trash his chances for re-election. :wink:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's all a tricky maneuver by the oil based Republicans who are inflating the prices to make Obama look bad and trash his chances for re-election. :wink:

So you are saying IT'S BUSH'S FAULT :whistling:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Ahhh . . . I smell a vast right wing conspiracy :shifty:

The Hildabeast was right about the VRWC ,She just didn't understand how evil and all encompassing it truly is . I'm glad I stocked Up on my tin foil hats when they were cheap . :whistling:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm glad I stocked Up on my tin foil hats when they were cheap . :whistling:
Good thinking on your part, with inflation I can no longer afford real 'tin' and have to spray paint old newspapers with tin colored paint. Its not as effective but I'm faking my way through life anyway :glare:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good thinking on your part, with inflation I can no longer afford real 'tin' and have to spray paint old newspapers with tin colored paint. Its not as effective but I'm faking my way through life anyway :glare:

MD , here's My super secret site for making them on Your own . Please don't give this out to anyone unless You really trust them . Oh , and before You ask , I'm wearing a Mark 2 fedora from this site , so only You and I can read this !!!
Pretty crafty , No ?
http://zapatopi.net/afdb/
http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ahhh, that is a shade more modern than my Radio Shack TRS-80!

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
You have a TRS 80 ?? :weneedpic:wow: You don't need an afdb . Those things are virtually stealth PCs . They become virtually transparent to monitoring when run on D cell batteries !
Darn MD it's a good thing no one else can read this , they'd be yelling about thread drift .