• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

moment of stupidity

fuzznutz

well today after finding out that my grandma had been taken by ambulance to the hospital among other things frustrating me i for some reason punched the side of my trucks bed and put a big dent in it unfortunately it split my hand open in 4 places the one that needed stitches took 9 to close up hurts like hell and i looked like a dumbass in front of the girl i like but here is a nice and gory pic after the hospital. oh what makes it worse is that i have no job at the moment and no insurance. but i got to see my grandma since she was in the next room over in the er

Attachments

• moment of stupidity.jpg
    moment of stupidity.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 297

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Aww Fuzzy.
You shouldn't get so wound up that you'd do something like punch your truck!
Sounds to me like you have a lot of love for your Grandma, and it upset you.
Don't know the other details other than you seem to feel frustrated right now.
Keep that thing clean and keep searching for a job that has a good insurance plan.

Hope your Granny is ok.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Sometimes we save others from the task of punishing us for our "not so bright" actions. You need to remember that women remember EVERY action of EVERY man they have EVER come in contact with. They put elephants to shame, and can resurrect your sins faster than a super computer. Think before you act. Hope Grandma is getting better.

fuzznutz

thanks guys haven't heard anything new about what was wrong with my grandma but learned an important lesson about hitting things harder than your hand. i guess its time to save for a punching bag and some gloves so i have something to hit that wwas meant to be hit when i get that frustrated.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
thanks guys haven't heard anything new about what was wrong with my grandma but learned an important lesson about hitting things harder than your hand. i guess its time to save for a punching bag and some gloves so i have something to hit that wwas meant to be hit when i get that frustrated.
I Hope your grandma's better :flowers: .

FYI next time you want to play dumbass find a nice big tree to take it out on , It hurts just the same but its perty hard to hurt a tree :wink:. Trust me you'll think twice next time , free advice from the king of dumbasses :yum:

fuzznutz

I Hope your grandma's better :flowers: .

FYI next time you want to play dumbass find a nice big tree to take it out on , It hurts just the same but its perty hard to hurt a tree :wink:. Trust me you'll think twice next time , free advice from the king of dumbasses :yum:

yeah normally its a tree and a baseball bat or an axe but i'm really thinking i should find a used punching bag and some boxing gloves might be the smarter way to go. at any rate lesson learned.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
yeah normally its a tree and a baseball bat or an axe but i'm really thinking i should find a used punching bag and some boxing gloves might be the smarter way to go. at any rate lesson learned.
Yep no doubt , I never been accused of being to smart though :biggrin: . Like PG said make damn sure & keep that thing clean , it dont take much to get infected . :smile:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about your grandma, your hand and your truck.

I'm too old to hit things anymore but back in the day, I'd actually pre-plan what I was going to hit.

Years ago, I got pissed and put my fist and foot through the wall in the family room. Mrs. Zoom expectantly went off on me. By the time she got back from work the next day, I had the damaged drywall removed and a closet installed. Although Mrs. Zoom didn't appreciate my actions, she then understood my plan. I pre-planned where to hit the wall, which was under a set of stairs. After a couple days of mudding the drywall and installing the door, Mrs. Zoom was happy with her new coat closet.

fuzznutz

Sorry to hear about your grandma, your hand and your truck.

I'm too old to hit things anymore but back in the day, I'd actually pre-plan what I was going to hit.

Years ago, I got pissed and put my fist and foot through the wall in the family room. Mrs. Zoom expectantly went off on me. By the time she got back from work the next day, I had the damaged drywall removed and a closet installed. Although Mrs. Zoom didn't appreciate my actions, she then understood my plan. I pre-planned where to hit the wall, which was under a set of stairs. After a couple days of mudding the drywall and installing the door, Mrs. Zoom was happy with her new coat closet.

sadly this was about 30 seconds of pre-planning i went from wanting to cry about everything going on because there is a bit more to it than just my grandma there is also some health issuses with my mom that have me worried and frustrated that i can't do anything about and it suddenly went to hey just punch the truck so i decided to hit the weakest part of it right above the wheel well i hit it 4 times and didn't realize that i had split my hand till about 5 minutes later when i glanced down because i felt something warm and saw my hand covered in blood. not a good way to start the day and i had to break a promise to the girl i like (breakfast date) just because i made a stupid choice.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hope everything gets better with your grandma and your mom ....but dude I'm worried about the truck. :eek: How about a pic of the spot on the truck that you hit? That poor defenseless truck was doing nothing but sitting there and now she's marked pretty good I expect. What are you doing to make her feel better? Trucks have feelings to ya know. :yankchain: :poke: :yum:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
If this is a recurring activity, perhaps investing in an anger management class would be in order. Dealing with adversity can be difficult, but it need not be physically painful or costly (stitches, tetanus shot, ER fees, Dr.fees, prescription for pain). IF you react this way at work, it can cost you your job. Get a grip on it.

fuzznutz

Hope everything gets better with your grandma and your mom ....but dude I'm worried about the truck. :eek: How about a pic of the spot on the truck that you hit? That poor defenseless truck was doing nothing but sitting there and now she's marked pretty good I expect. What are you doing to make her feel better? Trucks have feelings to ya know. :yankchain: :poke: :yum:
i really don't think the truck felt much but i will pop the dent out eventually.
If this is a recurring activity, perhaps investing in an anger management class would be in order. Dealing with adversity can be difficult, but it need not be physically painful or costly (stitches, tetanus shot, ER fees, Dr.fees, prescription for pain). IF you react this way at work, it can cost you your job. Get a grip on it.

this is only the second time in 2 years i have reacted this way and i still have no idea why i'm normally quite calm and don't do shit like this but i guess it falls under the category of live and learn.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
this is only the second time in 2 years i have reacted this way and i still have no idea why i'm normally quite calm and don't do shit like this but i guess it falls under the category of live and learn.

Eventually you will learn that "shit like this" just ends up costing you a lot of money. I know this from experience. ;)

fuzznutz

well just to give an update my grandma got out of the hospital and ended up going back again just the other day from which she is once again home and with an actual diagnosis this time, my mom was in the hospital for a bit too due to some chest pains, i got myself a punching bag, and gloves, and i also got a bill from the hospital for over 3300.00 dollars (ouch) but my hand is healed up and i have avoided doing anymore stupid things. now i just beat the shit out of my punching bag. so things are getting back to normal well as normal as they can be around here.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
well just to give an update my grandma got out of the hospital and ended up going back again just the other day from which she is once again home and with an actual diagnosis this time, my mom was in the hospital for a bit too due to some chest pains, i got myself a punching bag, and gloves, and i also got a bill from the hospital for over 3300.00 dollars (ouch) but my hand is healed up and i have avoided doing anymore stupid things. now i just beat the shit out of my punching bag. so things are getting back to normal well as normal as they can be around here.

Normal is a good thing, Fuzzy.:flowers::wink:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Glad to hear Grandma is out of the hospital and that you got a punching bag. :thumb: Good thinking. Good luck with your mom and the chest pains. To often they can be nothing but ya never know so you have to have them checked out.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats FN on the expensive lesson, wise move. I hope your grandma continues to get better . :flowers: