• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DEAR RAY

Ray

I hope you can help me here. The other day, I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't driven more than a mile down the road when the engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help.

When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbor's daughter. I am 32, my husband is 34, and the neighbor's daughter is 19. We have been married for ten years!

When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore.
Can you please help?
Sincerely,
Sheila

Dear Sheila:
A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the injectors.

I hope this helps,

Ray:punk:

The Tourist

Banned
Look! The gas gauge is on "E"!

No, I don't think that's the problem. If the car only made it a short distance--and the pump is inside the tank--the engine would have been hard to start in the first place.

The guy wired the car with a bomb to eliminate the wife, did a crappy job and there's an electrical gremlin in there somewhere...

...or the gas filter.

American Woman

Site Supporter
Gee, AW, we didn't know your POSILQ was cheating on you...
Who said anything about cheating? I didn't see anything about cheating....They all had such good advice about fixing the car. It sounded like they knew what they were talking about :shock:

*BTW what is POSILQ?*

The Tourist

Banned
Who said anything about cheating? *BTW what is POSILQ?*

I didn't want to be accused of thread drift.:rolf2:

BTW, the idea of POSILQ is actually from the US Census Bureau. We are no longer a "Leave It To Beaver" society, so they began this category:

"Persons of opposite sex in living quarters."

urednecku

Site Supporter
Naw, she just handed me a beer.

BUT,

IT IS OPENED,............

I wonder what she might have put in it??

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Ya know....the enginge could have siezed up from lack of oil. there was no way to check the fluid level as evidenced by the dipstick being left at home to be used on another engine. I'll bet that one had plenty of fluid tho...:shifty:

Sounds to me like she needs to replace the dipstick and get an oil change.....:blink:

American Woman

Site Supporter
Ya know....the enginge could have siezed up from lack of oil. there was no way to check the fluid level as evidenced by the dipstick being left at home to be used on another engine. I'll bet that one had plenty of fluid tho...:shifty:

Sounds to me like she needs to replace the dipstick and get an oil change.....:blink:
That's it! She left the dipstick at home.....dumb move :mrgreen: