• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

VIDEO: World's smallest Diesel Engine (palm of your hand)

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The world's tiniest V12 engine. [VIDEO]

OPERATIONAL V-12 DIESEL ENGINE THAT FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND. This is not CNC technology; this guy made everything at home on his lathe and drill press. Took 1220 hours (a year and a half?) to make the 261 pieces. Note the end-loaded crankshaft into the block (like an Offy), 12 individual cylinder heads, _TINY _ rods and pistons, dual "underhead" cams with pushrods to rockers in the heads. And, he did the break-in using an electric cordless drill driving the crankshaft! Even if you're not an engineer, you'll love this!

Kane

Yes, that is one of the few videos that went to my bookmarked favorites.

Thanks for sharing.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Really cool! I bet getting replacement parts is a real bitch. :wink:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very neat,

But I have the feeling his "drill press" is actually a vertical milling machine.....

With an indexing head too...Still not CNC though...Too much here for just a drill press and a lathe. Notice they showed the components AFTER he made them....This is just an assembly, and test run video.

There would be fixtures made for making replicated parts, not shown here either. Wish there was more to see.

Regards, Kirk

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I wonder what his next project was?

I wonder how long it runs without any oil? It does not appear as if it has any oil pan. Seems like an awful lot of work to risk it seizing up on him.