• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DMC 1200 Spryte Track adjustment

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Just started going through an 1981 DMC 1200 . After wheel bearing adjustment and grouser maintaince and replacing a bad tire . Its time to put the track back on . I see the track is adjusted with grease but how do I really know when the track is adjusted right ? :whistling:

SIMONALLEN

If you want I could scan the DMC 1200 manual I Have and email it to you. It would take me some time but it can be done.

ray green

Track adjustment was always dependant on the terrain being operated normal tighten bolt adjustment on the older models until when you stand on the track it does not hit the under part of the cab. On the newer models the same function was controlled by a grease cylinder with the grease nipple on the frame between the 1st and 2nd wheels. To release it you removed the nipple and compressed the cylinder by jumping on the track.If you had the track jacks you used them between 4 grousers to compress the cylindersafter you removed the nipple.You need to move the vehicle forwards and backwards and check adjustment.This evens out the tension in the track.
Ray

ray green

Sorry I do not have a cat near by to take the pictures Replace the grease zert and add grease until the track tightens if you stand on the track on the outer edge in the middle the track should not hit the underside of the overhang of the deck or the cab closest to the chasis.then drive vehicle forwards and backwards to equalize the tension on the track.check it again by standing on the outside of the track with a light bouncing movement. it should not hit the undersides.This will work on up to 45% pitches you should not have sprocket jumpping. If you are on flat terrain you can run them a with a little less tension
Ray

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys its done and working perfect !

Attachments

• Maiden voyage 069.jpg
    Maiden voyage 069.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 648

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
my email address is c-i-e@tgi.net would love a copy of the manual I am bringing the cat down off the mountain this weekend for off season service Marco

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
Just catting around

Attachments

• rick wesley 028.jpg
    rick wesley 028.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 560
  • rick wesley 029.jpg
    rick wesley 029.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 545
  • rick wesley 030.jpg
    rick wesley 030.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 552
  • rick wesley 041.jpg
    rick wesley 041.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 544

Helmsman38

GOLD Site Supporter
driving one of those - ever feel like there is a place you can't go? :)

Yes all the time . I have tundra tracks so I stay off a slanted icy slope . Other cats have ice spikes that help stop the slide slip . Also when the snow is slushy it diggs alittle then justs slips . On the bright side as the snow melts I can run longer on bare spots without worry of damaging the tracks .