• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dramamine for dogs

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought we discussed this before but I couldn't find the thread(s).

OK, unless my dog is 1/2 way out of the window of the truck (head, thorax and both front legs), she gets motion sickness. Not a problem in the summer as she hangs out the window but I need to drive about 5 hours starting from the Pittsburgh area, through Buffalo NY and on to Rochester NY area... in January. The windows won't be open.

I took her into town today. It's about 15-20 miles each way. She puked several times. Note to self, clean the truck better tomorrow.

Can you give a 40# dog Dramamine?

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
You could get a sedative from your vet to just knock out, or partially knock out your pooch until you get where you're going...

:sleep:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Can you give a 40# dog Dramamine?

Yes. We have also used benadryl and take one or two of the dogs along almost everywhere we go. They travel to Florida and the Carolinas all the time. Our biggest problem with the puking has been if they eat too much snacks while traveling.