• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dog flea & Tick control

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a bottle of Frontline spray that I got from a vets office years ago but it's about gone. :(

Looking for recommendations on what y'all use and recommend.
Sprays or collars?
Brands?

Looking on Amazon, I see collars from $4-60. Besides how long they last, is there much of a difference?

IIRC, humans aren't in general supposed to touch the collars. Is that true and if so, is it for as long as the collar is on or only for the first few days? When using spray, nobody is allowed to touch the dog until it's thoroughly dried.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I buy someting from Sam's Club.

BUT I also try to keep the brush cut back along the paths, grass mowed, etc. Much of it is PREVENTION rather than treatment.

This year has been pretty bad, lots of rain, lots of growth of the brush, hard to keep up, so I bought some SEVIN that I plan to spray . . . as soon as we get 1 dry day. Just have not had a dry day yet. Fields are flooded (still or again???). Rain literally every day. Severe storms today. Might have a break tomorrow. But then the next 5 to 7 days are expectd to have rain.

Its the brush and long grasses along the paths, which is growing like crazy, where the Ticks tend to hang out. Dogs walk by, brush against that, pick up the ticks.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm with you on the daily crappy weather. I'm about 300 miles "downwind" of you so whatever you get, we get 8 hours later.

The yard area is pretty clear/clean so I believe she's getting them from our rides in the woods and up to the gas line ROW. Can't really do much with that land for tick removal as it's too big of an area.

Is the stuff from Sams Club a spray or collar?