• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Sudt compatibility

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Is Kubota SUDT compatible with Aw64 ,or32 hydraulic fluid ? My tractor is serviced with SUDT 2 ,and i have extra on hand . But ,I've got a gallon of the older SUDT that I'd like to use in the log splitter should the need arise .
TIA.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Can't help with the mixing but at about $20/gal for SUDT, I'd treat it like gold and save should you need to add to your tractor now-and-then.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
^^ I understand what you're saying . But I have 2 1/2 gallons of Sudt2 on hand for that . The sudt is the older version and about 5 years old that's been opened but kept in the jug with the top sealed . Figured it might be useful for the splitter . Just don't want to add it to the splitter and the see the seal run out the end of the ram .;)

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I suspect it would be fine. I've used synthetic in older engines (89 454, 93 350 with 199k) and been warned it might cause leaks but never had any issues. The Syn lowered the operating temp of the boat (454). Worked great. I don't have any proof but believe it extended the life of that engine.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I've mixed UDT and SUDT in the front axles of my Kubotas before but I would be a little leery of mixing it with other oils in a log splitter. No sense in looking for trouble. JMHO.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have to agree, not to mix two different hydro oils. I thought you were going to do an oil change and wondered if SUDT would be up to specs for the others you mentioned. Mixing is not recommended.