• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Police reforms?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Big topic.. From were I am I think this is needed, as soon as possible. The police no longer are a part of the community they live in. They sit in squad cars, armed to the teeth with the latest and greatest tech has to offer them. Not that is a bad thing, but what I think is lacking, and I speak from a very rural place, is that there is little if any interaction between those who are tasked with protecting and serving the Cities they serve. The police have isolated them selves and are seen using military tactic's of overwhelming force as a first choice rather than a last resort. LEO need desperately IHMO to get out of the cars, and walk their "beat" and meet and get to know the very folks they are serving.

From my small part of the world, it seems to me that this would do a lot for their reputation. I would like to here others on this topic, and what you all think would help this terrible situation..

Your thoughts?

Regards, Kirk

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Good points. Let me add that they need to focus more on drug dealers, human traffickers and other vicious criminals, rather than minor traffic violations.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I can see no reason to have shot that man sleeping in his vehicle in Atlanta. They had his car, and eventually they would have had him as well. They killed a man over a parking spot. Simple to see what is wrong with using the maximum force as a first thought.

It had more to do with one man handing two officers their arse in a scuffle. The officer became Judge and Jury when he pulled the trigger.

That is no my America.

Regards, Kirk

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I've heard one thing they want to eliminate is no-knock warrants.
Me, personally, great idea.
All the LEO's need is an incorrect address, and it will almost be guaranteed, somebody is going to die, whether a cop or the scared-to-death homeowner that's start shooting at what they thing is a robber. You break into my place unannounced, I am scared to death and I will cause the intruder's death.

I also like the idea of a nationwide registry of cops that have had "incidents". This won't fly because one of the problems is the unions. But it is needed and there should be some sort of independent board that reviews leos with a record of problems.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I've heard one thing they want to eliminate is no-knock warrants.
Me, personally, great idea.
All the LEO's need is an incorrect address, and it will almost be guaranteed, somebody is going to die, whether a cop or the scared-to-death homeowner that's start shooting at what they thing is a robber. You break into my place unannounced, I am scared to death and I will cause the intruder's death.

I also like the idea of a nationwide registry of cops that have had "incidents". This won't fly because one of the problems is the unions. But it is needed and there should be some sort of independent board that reviews leos with a record of problems.

I agree 100% on the no knock warrants, but it should be across the board not just drug warrants. Lots of folks at the wrong address or some one swatting them have had there pets killed and shot themselves when they react to getting their door kicked in at 4am.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree what happened to the sharriff with the cowboy hat that every one said high to on the streets now days all the cops look like soldiers and act the same way.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No excuse for shooting the drunk in Atlanta. Shot twice in the back. He had a taser and was being a PIA but no reason for deadly force.
Police need to police themselves. They know the co workers who cross the line. If they want respect they have to earn it by weeding out the bad ones.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Government unions in general put their paychecks above everything else.

Collective bargaining? As long as there are no laws broken but cops and other government unions throw us under the bus to protect one another. We need laws to protect We The People.

Deadly.Sushi

THe ONLY reforms should come from black culture! They are a cancer upon EVERYTHING! They are sooooooo racist! They cause most crimes and then bitch they are arrested more. :hammer: