• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Humor, sarcasm, irony, and other fun stuff

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Just don't shoot the messenger ok?

Attachments

• 20200205_082404.jpg
    20200205_082404.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 354

olympicorange

……… ''who's he fool'n'' ,...….. he knows where the stash is...….. and nothing but empty shells left,...… been there ……...

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
FYI week. Getting up to speed for Idaho.

Attachments

• 20200308_222437.jpg
    20200308_222437.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 292

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
When traveling the backcountry byways, everyone here knows roadkill goes to 'whoever seen it first'. In winter conditions, it's good for days, sometimes you just have to be adamant about running the scavengers off.

Attachments

• 20200310_064436.jpg
    20200310_064436.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 272

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
These nifty little accessories allow you to arrange for 'in flight refueling '. You know, for when you're hurrying trying to beat the lift lines. They're available at any gas station here.

Attachments

• 20200308_223028.jpg
    20200308_223028.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 233

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Good to know as we head out into the wild, because the last thing you want to do in extreme life threatening conditions , is break the law. Troubling thing is, it doesn't mention anywhere in the code that the 'other human' should be 'not alive' first:bolt:

Just saying.
:UtOh2::bonk: :confused:

Attachments

• 20200308_225217.jpg
    20200308_225217.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 484

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
I had to look that up. Actually says that in the Idaho code.

You'd think it was left over from the Donner party era or something, but was written in as recently as 1990, I believe.

Last edited:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The history books have passed over the entire Donnor expedition, so it needs to be put on paper for all of those Jeffery Dahmer types.

Donnor. Dahmer. Hummmmmm :unsure:

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
No need to stock up:

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 486
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 480
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 485
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 490

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to Idaho. See you all in Sun Valley :smile:

Attachments

• 20200308_222529.jpg
    20200308_222529.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 488

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
So many good smiles and chuckles to be had/share about 'our' current situation. Quarantine, TP, ect. Perhaps some upside to sharing that humor but also a reluctance to 'go there' at the moment driven by two things; past experience of grief, and the understanding that the worst is yet to come and no one knows the health or economic extent of that down the road yet. So idk, better the humor now and perhaps seem insensitive down the road, or forgo the smile at the moment in respect of the possibilities? Some thoughts about that;

https://www.humormatters.com/articles/crisis.htm

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Near Riggins Idaho. Even ITD has a sense of humor?

Attachments

• 20200723_104625.jpg
    20200723_104625.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 372

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like it was just a forewarning.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR4O9C8bMIw[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
From the looks of that number, I'd say Todd's at the golf course and doesn't want to hear about it :wink:

Attachments

• 20200727_203457.jpg
    20200727_203457.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 331

olympicorange

.... and there's always the successful...'truck hunting''' .... moving along is always more challenging.... works great on coyotes also,...

1boringguy

GOLD Site Supporter
.... and there's always the successful...'truck hunting''' .... moving along is always more challenging.... works great on coyotes also,...

I have been having a hankering for a water truck with an in cab controlled water cannon on top :thumbup:

Lol, reminds me of. When I was 21 some buddies and I spent the winter in Australia riding motorcycles around the country. We had some friends that farmed along the Snowy River and while we were there they invited us out to spotlight some rabbits one night. Sure, we know that game. So about dark that night one of the guys comes downstairs carrying a couple shotguns and shoulder belts full of shells. My buddies and I kinda look at each other like, wow at home we give the bunnies a chance, we just use .22s or something. But when in Rome, right?

Little did we know, it plays out like this. Put two guys in the back of a ute (think El Camino), one with a spotlight and one with a shotgun, the top of the cab hits you about your knee caps. We are in large paddocks, think pastures cleared from the bush with groves of trees, maybe 4-5 hundred acres each. They drive we shoot. The driver goes 30 mph no matter what and follows the bunnies every dart and turn. Trust me, the bunnies have a huge advantage, but we're practiced up now! In hindsight it's lucky no one in the cab got shot :wink: Crazy Aussies.

olympicorange

I have been having a hankering for a water truck with an in cab controlled water cannon on top :thumbup:

Lol, reminds me of. When I was 21 some buddies and I spent the winter in Australia riding motorcycles around the country. We had some friends that farmed along the Snowy River and while we were there they invited us out to spotlight some rabbits one night. Sure, we know that game. So about dark that night one of the guys comes downstairs carrying a couple shotguns and shoulder belts full of shells. My buddies and I kinda look at each other like, wow at home we give the bunnies a chance, we just use .22s or something. But when in Rome, right?

Little did we know, it plays out like this. Put two guys in the back of a ute (think El Camino), one with a spotlight and one with a shotgun, the top of the cab hits you about your knee caps. We are in large paddocks, think pastures cleared from the bush with groves of trees, maybe 4-5 hundred acres each. They drive we shoot. The driver goes 30 mph no matter what and follows the bunnies every dart and turn. Trust me, the bunnies have a huge advantage, but we're practiced up now! In hindsight it's lucky no one in the cab got shot :wink: Crazy Aussies.

…….. lol ,.. I can literally relate to that experience,... bullet holes ans all... most people can hit a target , sitting still.... but the ''cowboys & indians'' technique is a true test of markmanship….
:thumbup: