• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I see snow up there.
This is from a traffic cam somewhere between Indy and South Bend, Indiana.
Heading this way.
Grrr

FB_IMG_1572548747781.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yeah, I put the finishing touch in the bedroom.
A little valance instead of curtains.
I like the feminine touch.

I also found something for the wall above the couch.
It's not a mirror, but it does look nice.
It's metal and wood.
Found it in the home decor section.

20191031_132139-768x768.jpg

20191031_124341-768x768.jpg

I'll be re-doing the bathroom this weekend in a nautical theme.:smile:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to lunch today. Got a call from the plant they had a fire. Fire was out but we lost our shipping desktop and all the paperwork on it. Seems a sodium vapor light exploded.

Never even heard of that ever happening.

Crew was cool and got the fire out. They were so proud. But, here's the thing that bothered me, NO ONE CALLED THE FIRE DEPARTMENT!
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Sorry but had they lost the first attack We would have lost the building. We are 12,000 square feet of corrugated boxes, wooden pallets, and flammable films.

So, on the one hand, I'm glad no one was hurt, and happy we only lost three months of shipping logs and some recent documents. But we seriously need to have a meeting tonite about how close we came to disaster.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yikes. That's a close call. When I worked at the mill, we dealt with fires all the time. We were all trained to react to fires and had to know where the extinguishers and fire hoses were located. They had them all throughout the mill. The machine I was on caught fire on a regular basis. It was mostly smoke and sparks though. We'd just shut the machine down, open the doors (it was a huge industrial wood veneer dryer), and grab the fire hose. Most fires were just a build up of sawdust igniting. Though the concrete floor inside the dryer was old an cracked and would often build up with sawdust catching fire making it difficult to extinguish. Picture a huge pizza oven the size of a house running at 400 degrees catching fire inside with big fans blowing on those flames.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
37° outside, furnace is running and I'm over here eating ice cream.
Didn't get any kiddies for trick or treat knocking, then again- this isn't the city and the weather is horrible.
I noted a good crowd of cars over at works parking lot.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
37° outside, furnace is running and I'm over here eating ice cream.
Didn't get any kiddies for trick or treat knocking, then again- this isn't the city and the weather is horrible.
I noted a good crowd of cars over at works parking lot.

It's only 37 F here and no kids have shown up tonite.
It is in humane to send them out in this misery, right?

Kids today are so cuddled. They aren't goin' outside when it is this cold.

Not when they can stay inside and punch buttons on their game boy or key pad. Mommy will bring them hot chocolate and candy.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I remember going out in 6" of snow for Halloween. Hell, our costumes had to fit over our snow suits. It's-3 celcius here tonight. The kids went out for a bit. The two oldest stayed home with me. We didn't bank on getting any trick or treaters where we live. Ended up getting 2 right away. Had no candy ready so we scrambled for some school snacks. Lol

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I remember trick or treating in freezing weather, as well as it being so warm it was unbearable to wear a mask.
Those old time costumes were a trip lol

I'm working today and hope it goes by fast because I have the whole weekend off!
Yippee!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This weekend we will be moving the Park model RV from it's lake Stockton pad ( in the state park) to Springfield MO. We will be setting it up in a Mobile home park. This puts it close to our ranch, which currently has no hospitable abode, and our prime customer's label printer.

It costs $150 a month to have it is storage. this costs slightly twice that but, we have power, water and sewer so we can use it all winter. It is 30 minutes to our ranch and /or the sailboat.

I guess this makes me trailer park trash but, Springfield MO is a great quality of life place to live. I wouldn't mind moving there permanently. Even to a mobile home park.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all , I went to my daughters house yesterday evening and made a few laps around the neighborhood with my grand daughter. Got home passed my bedtime so you get the report today, After lunch I'm going to put on my new track rollers that just showed up for the Tucker. After that a lot of grease. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0240.jpg
    IMG_0240.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 104

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Today was a productive day despite the weather. I decided this morning was time to get back into my gym routine for the winter so I went then went for coffee afterwards.

When I got home it was time to tarp up a few things behind the garage. I looked over and saw both my chainsaws sitting there being neglected so I topped them up with fluids and sharpened the chains. That lead to heading to the back of the property to try them out. The bigger 42cc saw blew a chain on the second cut so I hauled out the smaller 34cc saw and put it to the test. It cut so good that 3 hours later, I stopped sawing and had a trailer full of wood behind the side by side.

Since I was already dirty and covered in sawdust, I fired up the electric log splitter and split it and stacked it in the small wood shed. It holds a face cord of wood. I still have to finish siding the exterior of the shed before winter.
e9c52e8ffc59fe15f083268d28651784.jpg
e8a53c81c7ed48fba9efe69994ae93f8.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Saturday morning!
It's chilly, but not that bad.
Ran out to the edge of the drive to check the mailbox then took a piccie of my humble abode front and center.
I think my mums are done for.
After being knocked over by the wind several times, then suffering the frost.
It's going to be a great weekend.
:smile:

20191102_090524-760x684.jpg

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, I did a dump run with some garbage and the packaging from the old Dodge engine build then stopped for some lunch, upon returning home I made dads little boy his lunch. After that I spent a couple hours greasing Tucker track rollers got about 20% done some went real quick more than some had a hard time taking grease but so far they have all taken grease and now I'm Tuckered out ( pun intended) Tomorrow a trip to the airport to pick up the honey. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Contemplating going to mass.
Then a grocery store trip, actually Walmart for a new Keurig and kcups.
And shrimp for a dish Qsis posted on netcookingtalk.
Quiet Sunday.
Nice.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had a rather sleepless night due to pain creeping up on me from the past couple days. I also contemplated mass this morning and was close to staying home but my wife had a workshop to do this afternoon so I would have had to go get the kids anyway. So I went. My legs weren't working as they should so it was a double forearm crutch day to get around. It's like my back says f it and shuts down signals going to my legs.

The more I moved, the better I felt. When we came back I did a quick tune up and adjustment on my chainsaw then tested it on a couple of small poplar trees by the garage that had to go.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Today's gospel reading was one of my favourites from Luke, where Jesus encountered Zacchaeus up in the tree :)

It's been a wonderful day so far.
I'm liking this having a full weekend off without being bugged with the 'could you come in for 4 or pick up' calls.
Love my job, but I do have a life outside of work.

Found my Keurig, even in the colour I wanted!
Got a bunch of Timmy Ho's and DD cups.
I put it through the cleaning cycle so it'll be ready to go in the morning.
The bathroom re-do will have to wait on my next day off.
Found some starfish and other things to add to my theme.

20191103_152246-768x768.jpg

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Going to the gym tomorrow and a routine, fasting blood test on the way back home.....Then EAT!!! Then call the Methodist hospital to pick up 500 copies of the Veteran Resource Broshure, which they graciously funded and printed. Then lunch with a friend or two or three. Then back home.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Got the forty foot tiny house trailer moved without incident. We are set up in the Mobile home trailer park. Grass lawn, driveway and everything on a nice corner lot.. Only one issue. One of the Streets is US 60. It's 35 yards away but might as well be right on the lot.

Kinda noisy.

Still, across the highway is 40-60 acres of green grass and black angus cattle.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That's one thing I like about our campsite. It's about a mile off the highway. And the highway doesn't have a lot of traffic to start with being a 2 lane.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
That's one thing I like about our campsite. It's about a mile off the highway. And the highway doesn't have a lot of traffic to start with being a 2 lane.

Our original plan was to set this tiny house on our very remote 80 acre lot in the woods. But, for the business, we needed the house in town. Besides, the unit is so big and tall, that, we have to cut trees out of the way to get it to our property.

As our Springfield MO office this will be 15 minutes from the print shop ( Rotisserie chicken labels), 30 minutes from several of the processing plants and only two hours from George's World headquarters. And Walmart's Fayetteville HDQTR's.

It's 30 minutes of back roads, mostly gravel, to the ranch.

Ideally, we can use it as a base for working on the ranch and with our main client as well.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, This morning I went ti International paper In Tracy Ca. to look at rebuilding some live roller conveyors during a shut down then returned to the shop. After lunch I did another round of track roller greasing on the Tucker, I am at 50% now as all of the pontoon out side rollers are greased some were easy some not but in the end they have all taken grease. I found 1 more bad one I swapped out, so far it has taken 6 tubes of grease to get to 50% seems excessive they must have been pretty dry. I could not imagine doing it without an electric grease gun it must have been rough in the old days. After the rollers I will move to the drivelines then turn tables, check the fluids and belts, by then the new gas tank will be in the Hauler and will be loaded up and taken to Susanville for winter cabin access. (another project that got behind due to the old Dodge engine rebuild.) I am slowly gaining ground and the weather report says no snow until the end of November so I should be OK. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 130

Bamby

Not only does it appear that there's a pile of them to do, they also look quite vulnerable to damage to boot.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Not only does it appear that there's a pile of them to do, they also look quite vulnerable to damage to boot.

Yes, the pontoons the track rotates around is fiberglas with steel rails bolted on. they are purpose built for snow only, you don't want to be hitting rocks logs or anything else at speed or you may be in for a cold walk in the woods. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Got stuck at work until nearly midnight last.
Falls x2, new nurse to have to contend with who didn't know her ass from her elbow- in a word, not fun.
But! That's geriatric nursing for ya.

Hopefully today will be better.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, after returning from the field this morning I burned up the last 2 tubes of grease I had on the Tucker I'm about 70%, the new order grease will be here in the morning. The gas tank and sending unit for the hauler showed up today so I got it installed and checked out. Hauler back in service and running well, when the Tucker maintenance is complete she can go to the mountain. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0238-2.jpg
    IMG_0238-2.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 110

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday was better.
I shouldn't be feeling so harsh over nurses who are new to the facility.
She certainly isn't new to nursing.
I did apologize to her in case I came across bitchy.
We actually worked opposite halls and talked a lot at the station.
Lesson learned on my part.
She said I made her feel stupid and unwelcome.
That wasn't my intention at all.
:sad:
I've got today off and feel throat scratchy and sniffly.
Uh oh.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, My son and I went back to international paper this morning to look at the live roller conveyors we went to look at on Monday but now they have enough rollers out so you can see what needs repaired, Then after returning to the shop I finished the price quote and sent it. Went up town and got the rest of the grease for the Tucker and greased all of the rollers on the inside of the tracks I could get to, now I have to move it forward to get the rollers that were blocked by the frame which puts me about 90% done then the drivelines and turntables. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 94

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I went to the gym this morning. Then came home. A buddy came over to borrow the garage for a bit to do an oil change. When he left I headed out to the back of the property to cut some firewood. I'm sore now but I enjoy cutting wood.

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Howdy,
had a tiring and stressful day. Traded in my 7 year old Toyota Tacoma with 119000 miles on it for a Jeep Gladiator pickup. They gave me $14,000 trade in value. I dont think anything holds its value like a Toyota. Well, have a goodun!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.