• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1982 DMC 1450 - Restofab project by Nikson

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess its that time of the "life" once again. I'm in process of finishing up the interior, should be ready for the Cats Meow Jamboree at the Mt. Hood's Timberline.

Anyways - life's taking a bit of turn, where I got to move down south to Sacramento :yum: Lake Tahoe not too far, but life will be in :hammer: this type of status for a bit, and I would hate to just keep the cat stored in Oregon.

To make the story short - the cat is UP FOR SALE to the highest/fastest bidder - no promises made, first come - first served unless a lump sum deposit is made :whistling::whistling::whistling:

I've been asked by few on how much I would like to sell it for and I do not have that number at this time - lets put it this way - after all the labor since fall of 2014, I would like to get $75k for it, but we all know thats a bit high - at the same time those who done similar work could say thats not even too much...

My "actual" cost (actual purchase & supplies) per receipts at this point $25k and thats not counting few lost receipts or ANY of the labor.

Will entertain all REASONABLE & GOOD offers.

2015-02-10%2520Test%2520drive%2520%25281%2529.jpg

Feel free to share this post, Cat is going to be listed on Craigslist shortly.

P.s. all the pictures are on my PICASA album, or in the build thread here on the forum.
P.s.s. LOWBOY trailer is included in the sale

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You know, (sometimes) Kali has snow as well . . .:biggrin:

And by the time you spend a year in the city, you will be itching to take road trips back to use it in the mountains.:whistling:

Looking forward to seeing it in a few days.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You know, (sometimes) Kali has snow as well . . .:biggrin:

And by the time you spend a year in the city, you will be itching to take road trips back to use it in the mountains.:whistling:

Looking forward to seeing it in a few days.

All in its own time... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

rdynes01

No answer was asked for or needed. Like I said, you did a very nice job on the Super Imp and it is perhaps the best looking improvement to a Super Imp I have ever seen. My only comment was your asking price. Having re done 2 Imps myself I can attest to what it can cost, but what you have invested versus what you can hope to recoup at selling time can vary. I don't have a dog in this hunt so I truly hope you get your asking price out of it but I doubt it. In any event , best of luck to you.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
No answer was asked for or needed. Like I said, you did a very nice job on the Super Imp and it is perhaps the best looking improvement to a Super Imp I have ever seen. My only comment was your asking price. Having re done 2 Imps myself I can attest to what it can cost, but what you have invested versus what you can hope to recoup at selling time can vary. I don't have a dog in this hunt so I truly hope you get your asking price out of it but I doubt it. In any event , best of luck to you.

By no means am I trying to get into a "war" of some sort here throwing answers/questions each way, etc...

But you did ask - thus I answered - "Nice job on the Imp but 45K?"

IMHO, it should be $75, and you are correct - one can hope to get what he is asking...

from where I stand - its simple - everyone puts a different price on their cost of labor, some work for minimum wage at a gas station, while others get top dollar for some "simple" transaction.

One thing in my life that I was taught is to always put a high cost value to any man's labor and invested time into anything one makes, could it be a woven scarf or handcrafted patio furniture...

6 month of full-time work in my garage (considering extra time from help of others) - what do you put for reimbursement on man's hour wage?

This is ground up restofab, my hands gone literally through every bolt, nut, etc. on this machine... and its the ONLY one in the whole world like this.

Being that we live in the "free market" country, I think anyone has the right to put whatever price they would like on their "labor".

Why so many words - simply explaining WHY/WHAT brings me to the price I've set...

No pun intended

p.s. So I'm guessing you are the gent who emailed me with the offer last week.

rdynes01

Nikson, you make valid points and an argument was not my intent. Like I said you did a wonderful job on the snowcat and I hope you get what you want out of it but like you said the free market will dictate what it is sold for and I just thought 45K was out of line. I wish you the best of luck . Bob

Tye one on

I've seen this machine in person, 45K is not out of line. I can't even imagine the hours that went into this machine. I was told that my tucker would take 40K to restore and I would still only have a machine that was new in 1965. Your machine is incredible, Cheers!

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
By the way it wasn't me who emailed you. I am not in the market for a snowcat at the moment.

Had an email from a guy who had same things to say about "owing Imps" etc., offered me $20k... It sounded very similar to your comment., thus I thought it might of been you (I guess not) :)

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've seen this machine in person, 45K is not out of line. I can't even imagine the hours that went into this machine. I was told that my tucker would take 40K to restore and I would still only have a machine that was new in 1965. Your machine is incredible, Cheers!

it is what it is... :)

I value "handcraft work/labor", and either get what I believe its worth, or just keep it... either way its a win-win situation way I see it...

jp11

It's sad that with most restorations, cars or snowcats.. The price seems to be much closer to the sum value of the parts. Now maybe with airplanes, or classic cars, there is money to be made. But I think that's for the larger outfits that really watch the money during the work.

I know that I spent and restored like I was going to keep it, I wasn't focused on the finished price (well, not till near the end anyway)

I was fortunate to find a guy that was similar minded, who realized that I had done all the nuts and bolts stuff right, and he could just do the next phase (paint and interior) with fresh motivation.

Nikson- I hope you find that right person to buy your cat at a price that lets you move onto your next project.

JP

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's sad that with most restorations, cars or snowcats.. The price seems to be much closer to the sum value of the parts. Now maybe with airplanes, or classic cars, there is money to be made. But I think that's for the larger outfits that really watch the money during the work.

I know that I spent and restored like I was going to keep it, I wasn't focused on the finished price (well, not till near the end anyway)

I was fortunate to find a guy that was similar minded, who realized that I had done all the nuts and bolts stuff right, and he could just do the next phase (paint and interior) with fresh motivation.

Nikson- I hope you find that right person to buy your cat at a price that lets you move onto your next project.

JP

JP - all in its own time... :) Patience is the virtue...

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just another bump for an increased price... :)

p.s. been suggested by few forum members now to increase the price rather than to lower it... If anyone is wondering - thats why... in any case... any good offer will bring it home.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Another bump for a snowcat that can drift... :) (folks on FB/Instagram will know what I'm talking about) :)

Hope everyone is having a great summer!!!

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
It was great to see your beautiful work at the Mt Hood Cats Meow Jamboree… Thats one nice cat. Who ever is lucky enough to buy it will certainly enjoy it. Its so easy to tow, about any SUV could tow that thing.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Having extra time on hand, thinking for doing the rear cab,. would that be a good thing for a resale value?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
people hauling is a good thing, like what you did, restofabing your rig, it does increase the number buyers. go for it !!!

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice ride good build.. Famous cat going to make someone very happy fair price

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nick let me know if you hammer out a deal with Jim.

DMC is still here, like I'm am... somewhere on this planet... LOL...

In case anyone still looking or knows someone else whos got the itch for it, winter is not too far away!

Hope everyone is having a great summer and enough $$$ to work on their dream projects!!! :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Gonna give this another bump before the season hits...

Hope everyone is having a good summer!!!