• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
My son's friend is a bloody idiot,he went to London a few day's ago and he was dared to dress to stand out so he did,he just sent me the picture,to think he spent most of his childhood under my wing,where did i go wrong:pat:

Attachments

• DSC_0113.JPG
    DSC_0113.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 92

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Hey, when we are young we are allowed to be stupid from time to time. Of course I still haven't grown out of that stage yet. :yum:

Galvatron

I think that it is hilarious!

Never ever let him know that he will wear it forever.

This is the kid that went in to a massive sulk at the age of 7 because i would not let him eat a twinkie,the bloody thing was 2 years past it's best by date,he is 22 and still sulks about it.

I could write a novel about things he has done that he should never have done.

Leni

Took DH to the hospital to have his legs wrapped. Then shopping at Trader Joes. Next I have to take my plants over to the show and sale at the garden center.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
My son's friend is a bloody idiot,he went to London a few day's ago and he was dared to dress to stand out so he did,he just sent me the picture,to think he spent most of his childhood under my wing,where did i go wrong:pat:

Ah, come on. That's not too bad. I seem to remember a photo of someone in a "frock". :yum:

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
LOL, that's awesome! :biggrin:
attachment.php

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I spoke too soon. I woke up late this morning to the sound of ... you guessed it ... rain. It was just a short 15 minute shower but everything is soaking wet again. I think I wasted a couple of gallons of Round-Up yesterday. Ah well, at least I tried. These showers are supposed to moving through all day along with the occasional thunder storm. Looks like I'll have to find something else to do today. I think that I'll start with lunch in town and then Tractor Supply for a new fogger.

Herbicide only needs 8 hours to do it's thing. I think you will be alright.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
did some work with the skid steer and tractor till I hurt too bad. wife had to help me up on the tractor since my legs are too weak yet.

Galvatron

Had a small mildew patch on the bathroom ceiling so investigated that and it checks out ok so cleaned it up,treated it and painted it,spent the past few hours out in the back garden as i failed to get to it the other day,had a tidy up and just cut the lawn before the rain comes in tomorrow,now i am going to grab a cigar,cold orange juice and enjoy the sunshine for a bit.

Attachments

• DSC_0199.JPG
    DSC_0199.JPG
    260.5 KB · Views: 55

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Herbicide only needs 8 hours to do it's thing. I think you will be alright.

The Round-Up is probably OK but I've sprayed 150 gallons of herbicide four times already this year and watched it be washed away every time. I usually like three straight warm, sunny days for spraying, one day to dry out, one day to spray and one day for it to be absorbed. In East Texas I haven't seen that in two months. I think I may spray pre-emergent next. At least that needs to be washed in to the soil. :biggrin:

P.S. Woke up to thunder storms and pouring rain again this morning. It never ends.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was getting my trails brush hogged, eating up multi flora and brush like mad, then it happened. The wheel fell off. Found out the brush hog does not work so well without the wheel. Took the wheel to the shop and they will weld the shaft back to the yoke....and have it done sometime next week. Works for me.

Attachments

• brushHogWithoutTheWheel.jpg
    brushHogWithoutTheWheel.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 50

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been celebrating the birth of grandbrat no.2, and basically watching it storm most of the day.
We got two good rounds, and hopefully it's over now with calmer, cooler weather for the next few days.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Been celebrating the birth of grandbrat no.2, and basically watching it storm most of the day.
We got two good rounds, and hopefully it's over now with calmer, cooler weather for the next few days.

That's the same as us. Two good, heavy thunder showers, one in the morning and one late afternoon. According to the forecast that should be it for a while. The next week has no more than a 20% chance of rain on any one day. I'll let it dry out tomorrow and probably Monday but on Tuesday, watch out. All hell is going to break out around here. I've basically got 2 months work to catch up on.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
It was raining when I got up at 0530, so I decided to be productive instead of going back to bed and made some bread & thins. Also cut up a family pack of chicken boobs from Sam's Club, and individually packaged them for the freezer. Weather is supposed to be rainy all day, so trying to decide what to do for the rest of the day. Checked with DW about having sex all day, and you all can guess where that idea went. :yum:

Attachments

• Italian 053115.jpg
    Italian 053115.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 31

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to the 7:30am mass, and then stopped for breakfast at the diner.
It's cool and rainy out there. We'll be lucky to reach 60 degrees today.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool and overcast today. Temps in the upper 40's climbing to mid-50's this afternoon.

May work in the garden a bit, try to get some things planted?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool and overcast today. Temps in the upper 40's climbing to mid-50's this afternoon.

May work in the garden a bit, try to get some things planted?

Galvatron

In pain hobbling around looking like i have shit my pants due to my bloody back popping out,i dare not lay down as it will seize up,damned if i do damned if i don't scenario,all caused by trying to move my daughters cabin bed to retrieve some forgotten treasures stored behind it.

That's me out of this weeks break dancing quarter finals.

Last edited:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
In pain hobbling around looking like i have shit my pants due to my bloody back popping out,i dare not lay down as it will seize up,damned if i do damned if i don't scenario,all caused by trying to move my daughters cabin bed to retrieve some forgotten treasures stored behind it.

That's me out of this weeks break dancing quarter finals.
Is it from experience that you are aware of how you look when your pants are full of shit? Not everyone has that kind of life experience to share with their frineds. Can we get a video from your camera phone so we get the full effect of your pain? Surely you can find a degenerate friend like yourself to shoot the video. :yum::yum::yum:

As for me, I'll be starting on the deck floor staining today. At least I'll be able to cut in the edges, around teh uprights and the stair risers. Friggen rain predicted again for this evening. I should be constructing an ark instead of painting.

Galvatron

I have seen enough in my life to know what a soiled pants walk looks like am i am guessing i look the same....and the closest friend to film it fitting degenerative is you. :yum::yum::yum:

^^ i hope it rains for the foreseeable future:poke::wink:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This will sound strange but it worked for me.
IF you can lie on a carpeted floor or thin matt ...pull your knees to your chest ...I know, it HURTS .... now hold your knees close to your chest and start a rocking motion. Do this 10 or 15 rocks. Break and do it again. This will help put your back back in place. Or you'll have to call an ambulance. :yum: just kidding. This worked for me numerous times. I've had back issues for years. Good luck.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I have seen enough in my life to know what a soiled pants walk looks like am i am guessing i look the same....and the closest friend to film it fitting degenerative is you. :yum::yum::yum:

^^ i hope it rains for the foreseeable future:poke::wink:
Yep! I fit the degenerate moniker quite well, and if you send a plane ticket, I'll be pleased to visit you and take all pictures. :yum::yum: Not sure where you live, but I've flown into Heathrow & Gatwick, and can pretty much get anywhere on the Tube or the train from there.

It can rain now, as I've gotten two coats around all the edges, and put down the first coat on the main deck. She better like the color, cuz it's too late now.:yum: I did the mailbox post as well, and painted the solid brass number that could not be brought back to full brightness. Did 5 light coats of spray, and they came out really nice.

Attachments

• IMG_3527.jpg
    IMG_3527.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3520.jpg
    IMG_3520.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 91

Galvatron

Looking good Jev....

As i am out of action with my back i am going to focus on my youngest Daughter today and do some online shopping for her 13th Birthday that is coming up Monday next week,first up is a laptop PC that will assist in school work,then maybe something personal from Daddy as 13 is a big one for a young lady,shopping trip for clothes is on Mum's shift this weekend when they are away camping.

Status
Not open for further replies.