• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What is this boat worth??

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am looking at this boat for sale what is it worth???

1989 MIRAGE cuddy cabin. The out drive has a cracked lower housing. Insurance settlement has already been received. This is an excellent parts boat. Also would make an excellent boat if investor wanted to fix the out drive. The estimate to replace out drive was $5000.00. This was with a rebuilt outdrive. Boat and trailer is priced at...... Boat: $9500.00 Trailer: $1500.00. Aside from the outdrive needing replacement the rest of the boat is in very good condition. Cuddy was reupholstered one year ago. A new 454 was installed with previous owner approx. four years ago. A new deck was installed last year. Additional pictures are available upon request.

Attachments

• 100_0961.jpg
    100_0961.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 232
  • 100_0970.jpg
    100_0970.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 100_0978.jpg
    100_0978.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 240
  • 100_0979.jpg
    100_0979.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 234

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What length is it? 25' maybe?
It does look to be in good shape. But I wonder how it was winterized with the busted lower unit?

Is Mirage the manufacturer?

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc it is a 22' the lower unit hit a rock winterized by a reputable dealer.. What is it worth ??????????

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I think it is priced high considering it's lower unit. I found a 217 Mirage on traderonline.com
http://www.boattraderonline.com/adsearch/boatsearchprocess.html

It was priced at 8995.00 and it has a working lower unit. Condition looked comparable from the pics in the ad.

You know you will have 5k more in it than what you pay. With gas prices still rising boats are sitting more than selling.

6k for boat and trailer seems like a good deal for you. If it was me, I don't believe I would put any more than that into it. 4 yrs on the motor ... but how many hours? How many total hours on the boat? I'm assuming 3 hundred on the motor and 1000 on the boat for the price I gave you. That is what I would consider reasonable use.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc he is asking 2500$ for boat and trailer I think I have it bought and father will pick it up for me Tues night...

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc, it has 1091 hrs on it. New motor has less than 100hrs on it he thinks...

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
2500 is a great price. Go to ebay and buy an identical drive. You can install it yourself. And you won't spend 5k either.

Also find a lanyard kill switch for the ignition - doesn't look like this boat has one. If you get thrown out of the boat without one, the boat will keep going until it hits something or runs out of gas. Could be deadly, especially if you are in the water and it decides to do circles.

And buy the best radio you can buy and an 8 foot antenna with a stainless mount, not a plastic one. Don't skimp here. Hopefully, you'll never need it, but when you do, you are usually in dire straights.

Do not buy cheap lifejackets either. You won't need Lifeline Brand, but buy good Type 1 Offshore jackets.

And depeneding on where you are boating, a 25 mm flare gun is much better than a 12ga.

Too many avoidable deaths on the water, sorry to say.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Waybomb is that a kill switch without the cord just to the left of the steering wheel??? To the right of the ign switch??? It will be a mnth before I even see the boat So I hope it is in good shape...

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
It could be. I was looking for something of a newer style,with the spade that is held in place in a horizontal position, with the cord. But that very well could be a kill switch. Way too many open boats came without them.

My usual routine is to start the engines and after a while, pull the cord, just to be sure. I have it rigged with a 3-pole relay that kills all three ignitions separately, so I can still use the dash switches individually as needed.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow, 2500!!!! :confused:
I thought you said he wanted 9500 for the boat and 1500 for the trailer in your first post. That is what I was basing my reply on.

I'd buy it for 2500 for sure.
I have a OMC repair shop 2 miles from my house. I'll check with them just in case they have one sitting around.

Congrats! That is an outstanding deal.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry, I should have said in my first post that was a quote of his ad it was a little misleading I thought also. He was quoting book price. I just hope he does not back out on the deal and their are no surprises!!!! He already got his insurance settlement check for the boat now he wants a pontoon?????

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If he got a 5k insurance check plus your 2500, that's a darn good price for him to get for a broken boat.
Heck with that 454 in a 22' you should see close to 60mph! You'll love it. :thumb:

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, my dad picked up the boat today!!!!!!!!:thumb: Seems to good to be true!!!!!!! He says it is in great shape and the engine runs. Well hope their is no surprises when I actually get to see the boat. Anyone going from Sioux Falls SD west towards Wyoming?? Now to find a drive????:smileywac Thanks for all the info!!!!!!:thumb: Keep it coming!! Mike

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Your turn, we are going to Yellowtail in style....:yum: Great find, you failed to tell me about this Sunday when we were out cruising the snow...:thumb:

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Your turn, we are going to Yellowtail in style....:yum: Great find, you failed to tell me about this Sunday when we were out cruising the snow...:thumb:
I actually found the boat Sun PM on ebay and have been busy arranging the details!!!! Hey have I got a deal for you, I know where their is a really nice boat for sale!!!:thumb: