• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

ID theift from the dark side

ncroamer65

Monday morning my wife was checking one of our bank accounts to
find it had just about been wiped out. Please read futher before
making reply. We use debit cards for purchases. The crime occuried
Sunday about 4pm. in mich. we live in SC.
We do check our accounts daily compareing receipts
to bank internet statements. The bank was called and we"re in the process
of disputing the charges. Now the darkside of the two cards we use
mine was the tarrget which I keep with me at all times, making a purchase
is the only time were seperated. So how did the deed occur.
Card use by me about 6 times in my area.
1) business computer system hacked.
2) bad employee
OR
As my sister noted now days the crooks have a advice, standing near
you that can read the info. on the magnetic strip on the card.

This is the first time this has happened to us. Now ATM to withdraw cash.

This is informational to alert the people here. :w00t2::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I live in Michigan........

Seriously though, I've had my identity stolen and on three cards, the fucks ran up over 120k in bills.

SShepherd

had our compromised 2x this year. alot of people dont like AMEX, but they're ontop of theft. They called me within a few hours of a charge made for a gym xbox live subscription in NC.

No idea how they got it other than some theif doing business over the phone.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a really close call a few months ago & something happened I had never heard of before . :unsure:

We only use CC,s for online purchases & Luckilly I had my wife order me some Mags for one of my toys , She received a call from the company right after she had ordered it & they told her the card wont go through because the shipping address differed from the billing address which was BS .

She imediatlly called the CC company & asked WTF , after going through a half a dozen people to the head supervisor she was told the billing address had been changed just 2 days before & my wife said by who & what address has it been changed to , its MY damn card .

They refused to tell her & said by law they couldn,t unless she could tell them what address it had been changed to which is friggen imposible since she or I didn,t change the damn thing . she couldn,t even cancel the friggen card . :hammer:

After 6 hours of going back & forth with not only the CC company LE & the district attorney it was turned over to the fraud division & it was cancelled & another card reissued but we still have no clue who the hell made the changes or how they were able to do it .

At any rate the company now calls her when any transaction takes place to make damn sure its on the up & up , kind of a pain but better safe then sorry . I have no clue what someone was upto but I beleive we got damn lucky .

Sorry for the rant just making folks aware it can happen & what kinda BS to expect if it ever does . :wink: