• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Muskeg track tension

samwe

We are trying to splice our track back together to get our muskeg out of the woods. We are using ratchet straps to pull the track together with little success.
We are not sure how to release the track tension. We can see what we think is the tensioner but no method for adjustment is visible.

We have a '79 carrier.
Thanks.

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
Not sure about your muskeg but on my br100 the tensioner is grease filled. You can add tension by adding grease or release tension by turning the "bolt" the grease zerk is in. Eventually a hole in the bolt will be exposed and the grease comes out releasing the tension. If the tensioner doesn't compress enough a ratchet strap can help squeeze it out. On my br100 both sides are connected and tension has to be released on both sides otherwise it binds up. Hope this helps

samwe

It looks like a ram, retained by a pin on one end, and the other has a C with a bolt through it.
I could not find any grease zerk visually or by feeling. Here are some pics that may help identify it.

xfHSDcp.jpg

xbTL1gt.jpg

We decided to install it loose as our splices were long enough. We just have to finish bolting about 7 grouser to the inside belt (covering the splice).

We will go back up after freeze up and finish and bring it out as it will be an easier trail then.