• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Nice health foods that make your body feel better.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I prefer almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts and pecans.

Brazil nuts seem to have less flavor and more oils.

As for foods that I enjoy that have known/proven health benefits.
Coffee
Bourbon
Chocolate​

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I prefer almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts and pecans.

Brazil nuts seem to have less flavor and more oils.

As for foods that I enjoy that have known/proven health benefits.
Coffee
Bourbon
Chocolate​

I'm more of a dry roast peanut and cashew guy although I do like pecans. Coffee and chocolate are also high on my list as are veggie chips. Hold the Bourbon.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm more of a dry roast peanut and cashew guy although I do like pecans. Coffee and chocolate are also high on my list as are veggie chips. Hold the Bourbon.

I suppose you could substitute scotch, but bourbon is known for health benefits.

Rarely, when I'm enjoying a nice dram, do I feel like choking the shit out of idiots.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Maybe it's my taste buds, but Brazil Nuts taste like dirt to me. I see some Mixed Nuts now come with Macadamia nuts instead.

My favs are cashews and almonds.

Health foods I enjoy:

Organic Twinkies
Ritz Bits cheese sandwich crackers
Snickerdoodle cookies
Beef
Mac & Cheese with Cabots Reserve Cheddar
Michelob Ultra
:biggrin:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Mich Ultra for me too !
Brazil nuts taste like dirt.
Prefer full fat cheese; the real stuff. Cheddar ( Cabot's Alpine is great), Brie, Camembert, Gorgonzola.
Good chocolate or Oreos.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I threw out two large rocky mountain oysters when I butchered Friday evening.
jim

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Well, I'm healthy ( knock on wood ) and I eat Oreos sometimes and they make me feel good :)

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, I'm healthy ( knock on wood ) and I eat Oreos sometimes and they make me feel good :)

The limited edition Reese's Peanut Butter Oreos are to die for. Dunk them in a glass of ice cold WHOLE milk and you are in absolute cookie nirvana my friend.

Never let anyone tell you old TR does not know how to eat.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Be sure you only eat the thin ones. They are diet. The double stuffed are regular. :whistling:

Makes perfect sense :hammer:

The limited edition Reese's Peanut Butter Oreos are to die for. Dunk them in a glass of ice cold WHOLE milk and you are in absolute cookie nirvana my friend.

Never let anyone tell you old TR does not know how to eat.

Peanut butter has protein so, logically it would balance the carbs from the cookies portion.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
sometimes a good salad with all the stuff in it but i'm not sure if I feel any better

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
sometimes a good salad with all the stuff in it but i'm not sure if I feel any better

I ordered a FRUIT SALAD at the poolside bar at one of those fancy resorts in Florida once, they called it a SANGRIA and it came with a straw and long toothpick with an umbrella so you could pick out the fruit.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
For a couple of years I ate peanut butter and coconut oil for lunch. It was part of an' Eat Fat, Get Thin ' plan and it worked.
Dark chocolate was also allowed.
But I have never liked chocolate and peanut better together. I know I'm strange.

Yes. the thin ones. I really don't like sugary stuff very much. Even add a couple tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder to brownie mix :)

Fruit salad ?? Are we even allowed to say fruit anymore ??? lol

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• sangria-31.jpg
    sangria-31.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 136

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my diet: pabst, pop, brie, gorgonzola/import cheeses, dippy-eggs & toast w/ butter to dip into those runny yolks, & fries too; steak, pierogies in butter & sour creme, steak w/ egg & hollandaise, bacon. Sweet Jesus, how i luv bacon. & lamb rib, & pork, & venison, & lard & cheeses. actual cheeses-- triple crème bries; cambazolas & bleus; bread, too, when i get a loaf of bread. fat & carbs & meats & on & on~

i dine when hungry & quit when i'm full~ simplistic concept i follow & keeps me teensy~