• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

diff oil for BR 100 plus

Sledderglen

Hi all. New here and am asking if Auto Transmission fluid will work in the diff. It has newer steering bands but seems to turn better on way than the other. Old owner said to try changing out fluid. I asked a few people and they all said different recommendations. Thought i would ask all you guys that are on this site.
Thanks

Attachments

• norm bombi.JPG
    norm bombi.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 295

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. Cool cat. I use AMS synthetic powershift transmission fluid SAE 30w in my BR100 differential. I am pretty sure that is the recommended fluid.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
HTB oil from a tractor manufacture like John Deere or Caterpillar..

HTB stand for hydrolic, transmission, and brakes.

It is used a compartment that feeds all the above components. Usually 20 weight, but can be had in 30 weight as well..

Easy to find at your local tractor dealership as well..

We have used it successfully in a Diesel Ski Dozer for many years with great success.

ATF will sooner or later destroy the ring and pinion gear in your diff.. It did ours years ago...

Regards, Kirk

do not use atf----use the htb----any farm store will have it---ive had lots of cat and all of my gear driven cat seam to turn better one way over the other way----I think it might be something to do with rear diff

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The BR100PLUS and Bombi and BR100 are all front drive
The BR100PLUS has a extra set of planet gears that the others don’t
To accommodate the wider and longer tracks

We sold a lot of ring and pinions when Bombardier started recommending ATF
Universal trans-hydraulic will work. But your best steering comes from either
Amsoil powershift fluid 30weight or 50 weight or caterpillar T-04 30 weight or 50 weight.

Sledderglen

Thanks for the responses guys. Ill get the proper fluid now.

How about service manuals? Anyone know where i can get some more info