• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obama will pay your utility bills...

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Utility bill payment scam is making the rounds

A new scam is sweeping the nation by claiming that President Obama will pay your utility bills through a new federal stimulus program. Customers nationwide, including some in northwest Florida have reported the scam, and several energy companies across the country have issued warnings to their customers about it.

How the Scam Works:
Consumers have been contacted in person and through fliers, social media, phone calls and text messages with claims that President Obama is providing credits or applying payments to utility bills.

Scammers claim they need the consumers' social security and bank routing numbers in order for them to receive the money. In return, customers are given a phony bank routing number that will supposedly pay their utility bills. In reality, there is no money, customers believe they have paid their bills when in fact they have not, and they have now put themselves at risk of identity fraud.

It's funny, in a sad kind of way.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The reason this scam has worked so well is because it fits the pattern of what people expect from Obama . . . give them something for nothing.

I heard about this on the radio, one utility company claimed there were 2000 phony claims made in one afternoon!!!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
The reason this scam has worked so well is because it fits the pattern of what people expect from Obama . . . give them something for nothing.

I heard about this on the radio, one utility company claimed there were 2000 phony claims made in one afternoon!!!
Exactly! And allthough i despise these types of scams mainly due to the elderly getting taken advantage of, i think its a lot of folks own damn fault for not being more informed of WTF is going on.

Its hard not to here about this kind of crap with todays technology, but if all you care about is watching reality shows and sighning up for more free shit your odds aint to good. :unsure:

Disclaimer. Thats just my opinion of coarse & a general statement not aimed at any one group or individual. :wink:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Next you are going to tell me that the Nigerian that is going to send me millions as "next of kin" is phony:sad:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Its hard not to here about this kind of crap with todays technology, but if all you care about is watching reality shows and sighning up for more free shit your odds aint to good. :unsure:

Cowboy, I luv ya. You can cut right through all the superflous shit and get right to the point. That's a talent. :clap::clap: