Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Snow Trac ST4, Kristi, Thiokol/LMC, Tucker, Bombardier & Other Snowcat Discussions > Snowcat History, Articles, Manuals, Brochures & Recollections Forum

Snowcat History, Articles, Manuals, Brochures & Recollections Forum Publications, specifications, production information for snow cats

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt

Thanked 6,861 Times in 2,973 Posts
Melensdad has a spectacular aura aboutMelensdad has a spectacular aura about
Default MAGAZINE ARTICLE: VolksWorld Article about Bob's Snow Trac ST4

Here is an article from Volks World, October 2004. This is about my Snow Trac. It was formerly owned by Bob Bateman, who is the guy in England I purchased the Snow Trac from. The article and the photos don't say/show anything about all the ways this one is screwed up! They actually did a very nice job on some parts and a very crummy job on other parts. The entire thing was stipped down and rebuilt from the frame up. The frame is in essentially brand new condition. Then engine is in unrestored condition but it is amazingly reliable. I could go on and on about problems I've identified, but it really is not as fun to complain as it is to play with and finish restoring the Snow Trac.

I saved this article as JPG image files. It gives a lower resolution image than saving them as downloadable PDF files, but it is easier to view this way.
Attached Images

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion:
the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases,
while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage
of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."
- Ayn Rand