• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

601 serial numbers

wesley

:neutral:My 601 is missing its data plate. On other vehicles I've restored the number is also located on the frame or some other part of the body. Is this the case with the 600 series? I do have a plate with the Air Force number. While I'm at it, My AF number is AF63 C 1363. I understand the C is for comercial, but I've seen some with a "B". Why ?

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a thread on the USAF registration number. Looking...

Here it is...

http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=12903

The short answer is that a 'B' designation is for a vehicle with a civilian equivalent that may reguarly be seen operating on a street near you. The 'C' designation denotes a vehicle that has a more specialized purpose and is less likely to be seen operating on a street near you, but there is still a civilian equivalent. Why the same type vehicle may be registered as a 'B' and a 'C' I can only attribute to confusion or indecision on the part of the acquisitions office.

Last edited:

weatherby

Bobcat is correct with the C vs the B designation. As far as any numbers on any part of the body or the chassis,......none exist!!!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
The engine serial number is normally on the dataplate, so if you have the original engine and can find the number on it, you can at least add that to the dataplate re-creation.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
:neutral:My 601 is missing its data plate. On other vehicles I've restored the number is also located on the frame or some other part of the body. Is this the case with the 600 series? I do have a plate with the Air Force number. While I'm at it, My AF number is AF63 C 1363. I understand the C is for comercial, but I've seen some with a "B". Why ?
from what you supplyed on the airforce reg number your rig was manufactered in 1963 the first 2 numbers is always the year fheck out the military vehicle forum there is a good threag on USAF registration numbers