• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dodge FFPW Resto

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am restoring a 1951 Dodge civilian Flat Fender Power Wagon. Would it be OK to post and ask questions on this forum or where should I go?

Attachments

• Loaded01.jpg
    Loaded01.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 350

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

You're good to go in this forum section. I don't know much about this vehicle but you have it in the Military Vehicles section. We also have a general "Cars and Trucks" section but our members would normally hit both.

Since your posting pics, sure would like to see a bigger version of your avatar picture. That's something really sweet there!

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK thanks for the quick reply. I am going to share my "Power Woman" with you:

Attachments

• PowerWoman.jpg
    PowerWoman.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 359

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Keep us up to date on restore. Also wondering if a guy can have more than one Power Woman at any time? I think it could be good !!:biggrin:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Darn I would this would have been posted a couple years ago. My daughter went to school with a friend who's dad had restored a couple different varients of the old Power Wagons. I used to run into him from time-to-time at school functions, but I've not seen him in 2 or 3 years. I'm sure he'd have been able to help.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I own an m37 I haven't seen it in years if you have questions I can help there are several around here in restorable condition just the owners think they are gold plated.

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hear you about the owners idea of FFPW's value. Mine was free to haul off a ranch that was being taken over by the sons. It is not in good shape but I like challenges. Parts are available, I just paid $73 for a new water pump from NAPA.

Dean

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
that's what my m37 needs I just want to get the old fashioned grease able type like it has now

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Randy I don't need the pic of the lady to keep it g rated I won't tell what I was doing at lunch.

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The FFPW (Flat Fender Power Wagon) I began to restore in 2015 is now complete. I have a lot of time, and money into this restoration but it has kept me vertical, and for the most part, out of the bars this past 5 years.

Attachments

• 2Finished.jpg
    2Finished.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 234
  • 3Finished.jpg
    3Finished.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 234

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh my gosh what a transformation!! That is a beautiful truck, excellent work! You have done an absoloutely great job. Now for the enjoying it part, have fun!!:thumbup:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
What an absolutely beautiful job. Your skill, patience and perseverance amaze me. Now the big question is, are you going to store it and look at it or are you going to take it out on the road and enjoy it? Me? I'd be driving that puppy.

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
What an absolutely beautiful job. Your skill, patience and perseverance amaze me. Now the big question is, are you going to store it and look at it or are you going to take it out on the road and enjoy it? Me? I'd be driving that puppy.

Thanks for the kind words. You forgot one thing, money! If I keep it 25 years in this condition I won’t be able to get out of it what I put in. So, yes I am driving it as soon as I get it registered. It took 5 months to get a title for it. It is titled as a Reconstructed Vehicle. I will register it as a 1949 Dodge Power Wagon Vintage Vehicle.

BTW, it rides like a 1949 Power Wagon too.