• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

22 Year Old Great-Nephew Dead

Cityboy

Banned
He hung himself in my brothers home this morning around 3:00AM EST. He was my oldest brothers eldest grandson. Sometimes life just sucks. I'm packing up to head back to Georgia to be with my brother and mom and to deal with this situation. I'm more pissed off right now than sad, though I know I will run the series of emotions as the hours of driving from Oklahoma pass.

He was a bright, good-looking kid that had beautiful girls falling all over him, and had the world by the tail, but was burdened with numerous emotional issues that he apparently could not deal with. Still, it blows my mind that he would choose to end his own life. WTF?

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
My condolences to you and your family. It is unfortunate that young adults think that whatever the problem is that suicide is the only answer. If they would only reach out for help, it could be prevented. It is unfortunate that so often they just can't verbalize what is going on in their minds....

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had a close friend who's eldest son did the same thing. He was married with a baby boy. This was a decade ago and the father still grieves and nobody really figured out why he did it. Suicide is such a bizarre concept when there are so many ways to get help for life's problems. I hope your brother can eventually find some peace, but I think the death of a child would be incredibly difficult to deal with.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My condolences to you and your family. So senseless. No way to understand fully the reason why, my heart goes out to those left behind. Take care CB!

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
My condolences to you and your family.

Do not know what it is with the world today, but it seems like so many people suffer from sort of depression.

The path that they take is so final and leaves such great grief behind.

Trakternut

Oh man! As the step-father of a suicide I learned, nearly nine years ago, the things you're going to learn the hard way. You're right. You'll experience different stages of dealing, not in any particular order, and sometimes many times a day, or even hour. Just know this; whatever you're feeling at the moment is the right thing to feel at that moment.
For once, words just don't come to me to convey how sorry I am to read of this terrible loss. Suicide is, truly, a different kind of death.
You're welcome to pm or email me if I can be of any help to you. And, you are definately in my prayers.
Monte

Cityboy

Banned
Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts. The funeral is tomorrow. I was mistaken about my nephew, Lee's age, he had just turned 21 in May. That is an age where most young people really get a sense of freedom and adulthood, but Lee got a sense of something dark and troubling that he could not shake. He left a text message in his phone stating he was sorry about what he was going to do and that he would "watch over everyone". I'm not sure what that means, and it certainly leaves more questions than answers.

He had many friends and I watched them all grieve today at visitation and ask "Why?". I watched his young father (He was only 16 when Lee was born) fall to his knees, unable to stand when he saw him in the coffin. I watched the anguish in my brothers face and could only imagine his sorrow must have been 1000 times greater than my own as I struggle to comprehend the reason for the loss of this young promising life. I saw his mother, my oldest niece, and daughter of my brother, age 10 years right before my eyes. I saw the grief of my 80 year old mother and could think of nothing to say to console her.

I saw the shell of the young man who, along with his little brother Brandon, used to spend time with me and my wife and family when they were children, skiing at the lake, and once spending an entire summer with us when they were 12 and 10 years old, playing with their cousins, being kids with no worries and just having fun. I wonder when did the change occur? When did he cross over into the darkness of despair that he could not find his way back from?

We will likely never know the answer, and that is the hardest thing to reconcile.